Steam Greenlight
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 16분
at 974 items looked at
and only 14 i bothered to greenlight, i was incredibly excited about this concept and it seems like their is nothing but thousands upon thousands of crappy money grabs.
< >
33개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 19분 
Because how dare people want to get paid for their labor. *nod*
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 21분 
Most of them look like 1990's computer science or design projects, they are all rushed unpolished crap and thats being nice about it. You have to weed through thousands of ♥♥♥♥ projects to find the 1 gem that someone actually cared about and didnt make in rpg maker or a 2d platforming crap program. Just a observation.
AusSkiller 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 23분 
Only a bit over a hundred left to go then ;). But yeah, a lot of particularly crap games got in when it was free and Valve haven't been cleaning any out, the more recent ones have been of at least passable quality, though many of them still don't appeal to me enough to get a vote, I've only voted for around 50 of all 1089 that I've voted on.
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 24분 
I got 9 that im incredibly excited about, favorited them and watnot, i had no idea they had a free period. Hopefully it wont be like this forever then?
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 25분 
Yes, a lot of them are unpolished and a number of them look like crap. However, that something is put forth in the interest of making a bit of money is not a real complaint to have, considering that the entire Steam marketplace is composed of that very sort of thing.

I only found 42 out of the entries submitted thus far (and of those 42, some were recently greenlit), so I wonder if you're writing everything you didn't mark up as being in this category or are just oversimplifying things to a large degree.
It's Fauna! 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 26분 
And now you know what kind of stuff Valve had to sort through on their own before Greenlight.
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 29분 
Zaxoth님이 먼저 게시:
Yes, a lot of them are unpolished and a number of them look like crap. However, that something is put forth in the interest of making a bit of money is not a real complaint to have, considering that the entire Steam marketplace is composed of that very sort of thing.

I only found 42 out of the entries submitted thus far (and of those 42, some were recently greenlit), so I wonder if you're writing everything you didn't mark up as being in this category or are just oversimplifying things to a large degree.
I wouldnt say oversimplifying, take for instance the platformers, i've seen a ton of them not labeled platformers and instead labeled adventure, and only adventure, it seems to makes it look like there are alot less platformers than there actually are. From my observation it almost feels like 60-70% of everything ive seen has been in my category of "crappy unpolished 2d rushed money grab".
AusSkiller 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 31분 
Regen님이 먼저 게시:
I got 9 that im incredibly excited about, favorited them and watnot, i had no idea they had a free period. Hopefully it wont be like this forever then?
It was free for a week or two after launch, and it got flooded very quickly, about 800 of the games on greenlight at the moment got in for free during that period which is why so many of them clearly have no financial investment in them at all. But since then Valve have put up a $100 fee (which all goes to charity) that has minimized the number of completely crap games being submitted, one or two crap ones still get put up each month but now most at least have a decent amount of effort put into them.
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 34분 
I guess im just dissapointed cause i was hoping for more innovative stuff, i migrated completely off consoles before xbox, i was hoping more for stuff along the lines of people making zelda esque titles, maybe a few final fantasy or other high profile rpg rip offs, you know, games, and lets not forget resource management/constructions are dead, zeus, pharoah, etc. We only get one decent resource management/construction title every 2 years and if you dont like it your SOL (latest being anno 2070, which im not fond of).

Just expected more, but with the news of them having a fee and such heres hoping for the future.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 37분 
Regen님이 먼저 게시:
I wouldnt say oversimplifying, take for instance the platformers, i've seen a ton of them not labeled platformers and instead labeled adventure, and only adventure, it seems to makes it look like there are alot less platformers than there actually are.
Which brings up an interesting question of whether all the current tags have always been available or if some were added later that the devs didn't add to their offerings. That they were mislabeled doesn't mean thei're "crappy, unpolished 2d rushed money grabs," though. Although I do admit that I have little interest in playing 2d platformers, I contend that they are simply not within my interest.

From my observation it almost feels like 60-70% of everything ive seen has been in my category of "crappy unpolished 2d rushed money grab".
That, however, is an oversimplified view of things. Several of the games I viewed that were unpolished noted that they were still in alpha, which would suggest that they would be getting polished as development continues.
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 40분 
Zaxoth님이 먼저 게시:
Regen님이 먼저 게시:
I wouldnt say oversimplifying, take for instance the platformers, i've seen a ton of them not labeled platformers and instead labeled adventure, and only adventure, it seems to makes it look like there are alot less platformers than there actually are.
Which brings up an interesting question of whether all the current tags have always been available or if some were added later that the devs didn't add to their offerings. That they were mislabeled doesn't mean thei're "crappy, unpolished 2d rushed money grabs," though. Although I do admit that I have little interest in playing 2d platformers, I contend that they are simply not within my interest.

From my observation it almost feels like 60-70% of everything ive seen has been in my category of "crappy unpolished 2d rushed money grab".
That, however, is an oversimplified view of things. Several of the games I viewed that were unpolished noted that they were still in alpha, which would suggest that they would be getting polished as development continues.

I would also argue that many of the games in alpha will never get to beta and even less would get to release, thus taking up space of some game that could of actually entertained people and provided something "more".

I too do not enjoy the platformers, I on the other hand will say limbo is most likely a good game, a polished game, that being said "taco adventure run and gun" about a tortilla chip shooting stuff is infact "crappy unpolished 2d rushed money grab", that being said, the vast majority of titles lean to the latter than the former.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 49분 
Regen님이 먼저 게시:
I would also argue that many of the games in alpha will never get to beta and even less would get to release, thus taking up space of some game that could of actually entertained people and provided something "more".
If there's a maximum number of entries possible, sure. Otherwise, they're just another game not of your interest that will make it more exciting when you find something that is. Wading through crap makes the gems shine brighter.

I too do not enjoy the platformers, I on the other hand will say limbo is most likely a good game, a polished game, that being said "taco adventure run and gun" about a tortilla chip shooting stuff is infact "crappy unpolished 2d rushed money grab", that being said, the vast majority of titles lean to the latter than the former.
Even with the polish of Limbo, I have no interest in playing the game, and have passed up almost all the 2d platformers on Greenlight. (I say almost because I don't, at the moment, recall if maybe a single one had piqued my interest.) The same with almost all shooters, almost all puzzle games, almost all horror games, and so on. ...and all tower defense games.
HBAC 2013년 1월 30일 오후 8시 01분 
Zaxoth님이 먼저 게시:
Regen님이 먼저 게시:
If there's a maximum number of entries possible, sure. Otherwise, they're just another game not of your interest that will make it more exciting when you find something that is. Wading through crap makes the gems shine brighter.

Even with the polish of Limbo, I have no interest in playing the game, and have passed up almost all the 2d platformers on Greenlight. (I say almost because I don't, at the moment, recall if maybe a single one had piqued my interest.) The same with almost all shooters, almost all puzzle games, almost all horror games, and so on. ...and all tower defense games.

I think we can agree to disagree, i work and dont have all the time in the world to wade through trash to find that one perfect gem, my gem is folk tale and it found it 3 weeks ago when i started greenlighting.

Here we can agree for the most part, althought a innovative tower defense might be interesting. Oil rush tried but ultimately failed. I stopped playing shooters cause of the community, havnt played many since Call of Duty United Offense and a horror game has to be absolutely perfect to peak my interest.

Its been nice talking to you my friend.
HBAC 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 1월 30일 오후 8시 01분
Gorlom[Swe] 2013년 1월 30일 오후 8시 17분 
@Zaxoth: What category interests you then? racering and simulators? ooh wait, there is also RPG isnt there? But nearly every game is tagged RPG for some reason :( So I'm not sure that counts as a category anymore.
Yuga-Suggah 2013년 1월 30일 오후 8시 18분 
I guess my two cents is that there really is not a standard to what is a presentable game.
Yuga-Suggah 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2013년 1월 30일 오후 8시 18분
< >
33개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2013년 1월 30일 오후 7시 16분
게시글: 33