Steam Greenlight
Followed item only for Favorites?
I think the new option to follow a Game for Updates is a great Update. I already started to use the function. But there is one thing that irritates me: Does it only work with games, that are Favorites as well? Because there are several games I follow, that aren't Favorites as well, but unfortunately they're not showung up when I click on my section with the followed items. There it only shows the ones that Favorites and followed items at the same time. Is this a bug? Or did I do something wrong? And what is with the non-favorite games that i follow, will I still get updates even though they're not favorites as well?
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 21
I just found out: I think it must be a bug. It only shows my Favorites in the "followed items" tab, wether i follow them or not. (In other words: At the moment it's just a copy of the favorites, nothing more.)
That appears to be a bug, the lists should be different if you've followed/favorited different things. We'll take a look.
Thanks for the reply. I hope you're able to fix it soon. I really like this new feature. :)
For your information: It's the list that is showing wrong, the followed items are saved correctly and show up in the friends activity list.
But I have a request: Could you add a information in the "followed items"-section that says, that you can find the updates from those items in the friends activity list? I didn't know and expected an information through the green notification symbol in the upper right. Since that didn't worked I thought this is broken too and I now only by chance found out, where I have to look. I guess I might not be the only one not getting it, therefore my suggestion. :)
I'm experiencing the same issue.
Since it's been more than 2 weeks now and there even was a Steam update I want to update: The problem remains unsolved, I have no place to take a look at all the the non-favorit followed items. Would be great if you could fix that.
Yea, this does not work for me either. My follow list is my 'follow and favourite' list. As a test, I unfavourited one (still following it) , and refreshed. It dropped from the list.

I'm a bit dissapointed by this, as the whole point of the division (as I see it) is that I do not want to favourite some entries. Favourites are auto-promoted through Steam Community, and I do not support each and every one.

Follow-only is the perfect solution for those entries for which you are still interested in their progress, but do not yet have enough information to make a final vote.
TomB  [розробник] 17 лют. 2013 о 22:40 
We'll take a look Monday.
TomB  [розробник] 18 лют. 2013 о 10:37 
We've found the problem and are pushing out a fix shortly. Thank you for letting us know that it was still an issue.
Цитата допису TomB:
We've found the problem and are pushing out a fix shortly. Thank you for letting us know that it was still an issue.
The quick response on this is awesome. :)

While you are looking at it, is it possible to look at the issue with the "Ask me again later" option disappearing when you select "Yes" or "No"? You can change your vote from "Yes" to "No" and presumably you should be able to change from either of those to "Ask me again later" also, and it's omission is a bug?

Thanks.
Цитата допису irrevenant:
Цитата допису TomB:

While you are looking at it, is it possible to look at the issue with the "Ask me again later" option disappearing when you select "Yes" or "No"? You can change your vote from "Yes" to "No" and presumably you should be able to change from either of those to "Ask me again later" also, and it's omission is a bug?

Thanks.
That's not a bug, that's making a decision.
Цитата допису C0untzer0:

Thanks.
If it were by design, you wouldn't be able to change a "Yes" vote to a "No" one either (or vice versa).

It's clearly just an oversight.
TomB  [розробник] 20 лют. 2013 о 9:42 
Цитата допису C0untzer0:
If it were by design, you wouldn't be able to change a "Yes" vote to a "No" one either (or vice versa).

It's by design.
Цитата допису TomB:

It's by design.
Really? Can I ask what the reasoning was behind that design choice ? There are many, many games rated before that option was added, so there are a lot of games that are unfairly ranked "Yes" or "No" when they should've been "Ask me again later".

Thanks.
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 21
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 30 січ. 2013 о 6:42
Дописів: 21