Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Mark Benitez Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:31pm
Suggestions for an upcoming 3rd person/ First person game Horror/puzzle/exploration game
Hello Steam community,

Pretty soon I will release some previews of what will be the charecter for My upcoming unamed horror title, I have many ideas in my head and have no idea of what story to pick, One is kinda like saw in the sense of being kidnapped and tortured through challenges in a unknown location, so far this is my favorite and for those of you who don't like saw and will say no to this in a second, I can assure you, the story is totally different as well as all the features I hope to put in,I have written the whole story for that by the way, My other idea isn't well thought and all i have is it starts in a cave and in that cave is some sort of creature/entity haunts you, you can kill it, there are more than one etc.

Now that the story is out of the way I will tell a little about myself, I have been game developing for 4 years, I know how to 3d model weapons,props,buildings, and charecters. I can texture,rig,and animate. I can also code but this is something I am still learning. This game will be a commercial release but alphas,betas,and demos will be free and every update with an alpha/beta/demo will come with two options. You can download it or play it hopefully on my website if I have one by then if not It will be in dropbox. Another thing is This game won't be on the side, but understand that I will have other things like doing paid work only for other people(3d models,textures,animating,rigging)

If you have a question, feel free to ask below. I will answer all as soon as I can.
If you want, you can subscribe to my youtube channel, there is nothing of this game now, but will be hopefully within the next month, until then you can watch if you want what I was like when I first started game developing

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/xXNightmareGamesXx13/videos?view=0
Email: mbng13@gmail.com
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
You need to work on your ideas, then put them in to the concept section. The ideas I read were so vague that I can't even comment on them.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:39pm
Mark Benitez Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
You need to work on your ideas, then put them in to the concept section. The ideas I read were so vague that I can't even comment on them.
I know, im open for ideas. Right now im focusing on the main charecter's animations.
Feel free to add any features you would like to see or not see
Skoardy Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:52pm 
Wouldn't a better plan of attack be to nail down exactly what kind of game you want to create?

What you'd enjoy playing and what is within your abilities. Then you can look at what it needs in terms of assets without creating characters, animations, textures that may end up going unused. Having a clear idea/list of exactly what the project will involve before starting creation of assets will help you assess whether you might need to scale your plans back or not.
Mark Benitez Jan 29, 2013 @ 6:02pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Wouldn't a better plan of attack be to nail down exactly what kind of game you want to create?

What you'd enjoy playing and what is within your abilities. Then you can look at what it needs in terms of assets without creating characters, animations, textures that may end up going unused. Having a clear idea/list of exactly what the project will involve before starting creation of assets will help you assess whether you might need to scale your plans back or not.
True all I know is im making something in that horror genre, I forgot to mention I am a one man team too,Any unused assets will go up for sale, but most likely will be used. The charecter is the only thing modeled, I have past weapon models but everything for this will be new, and speaking of the charecter, the body textures are done, all I gotta do is the clothing textures
C0untzer0 Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:16am 
Why are you asking us? Get out and make the game YOU want, or feel like you've let yourself down.
Snaeng Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:14am 
Originally posted by NightmareGames:
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
I know, im open for ideas. Right now im focusing on the main charecter's animations.
Feel free to add any features you would like to see or not see
Wouldn't it be better to first think and write your story to the smallest details, before starting with designing the character? The story, and especially details, would (and should) change the characters outfit. And perhaps you should take a course in writing, because what you wrote here is very confusing and too vague.
C0untzer0 Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:22am 
Snaeng, sometimes a good strong character informs the script, especially details. I often find that little quirks of the hero and the bad guy often lead to a different ending than you were expecting, this happens in all forms of writing.
JackMayol Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:38am 
"I can also code but this is something I am still learning" <-- Doesn't sound good to me if you want to make a full game on your own to be honest... Good luck though!
Snaeng Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:44am 
Originally posted by NightmareGames:
I can also code but this is something I am still learning.
I entirely overlooked this comment. You know that creating a game is a very difficult task, that usually takes years of experience? When you just started learning to code the chance is high that this is way too much for you. I'd like to share a very interesting article about exact this situation:

http://tinodidriksen.com/2003/05/06/but-can-you-make-pong/

When you want to create a game, and when it's your first, you rather should stick with something easier first. Try to create one of the simplest things you can think of, like... Pong. Most people will fail with this already, but when you succeed you'll feel way more confident in what you're doing.
Snaeng Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:46am 
One additional comment: I do not mean to demotivate you or anything like that. Quite the opposite, I want to help you by telling you to rather start with something easier. It is nothing more frustrating when you realize that you lifted too much on your shoulders and won't make it. And without experience and too much ambition this is very likely to happen.
Mark Benitez Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by Snaeng:
One additional comment: I do not mean to demotivate you or anything like that. Quite the opposite, I want to help you by telling you to rather start with something easier. It is nothing more frustrating when you realize that you lifted too much on your shoulders and won't make it. And without experience and too much ambition this is very likely to happen.
Me? I can code but im not the best, pretty average, but have put that to the side so I can focus on modeling. I actually learned almost everything I need to know from youtube, I would reccomend geting a book though, I would actually reccomend both, anyways @JackMayol , I hope you continue to learn coding
Mark Benitez Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:10pm 
I will be launching the official concept thread for this game tommorrow, in that will be 2 previews of the main charecter along with the main story I have chosen, and I have found a name, unitl then guys :)
C0untzer0 Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:44am 
good luck with it.
Mark Benitez Jan 31, 2013 @ 6:01pm 
The concept thread for this game is up! Check it out! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124198167&searchtext=
Last edited by Mark Benitez; Jan 31, 2013 @ 6:01pm
Mark Benitez Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:27am 

Originally posted by C0untzer0:
good luck with it.

Why did u spam my page saying I have no idea what I'm making please stop, if you would read the whole description you would know and I haven't asked for money and when I do there will be game play footage so you know what your supporting
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:31pm