Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
BadManDemIsFearMe Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:33am
Submitting software to Steam
Before we pay the £70 submission fee on Greenlight we would like some initial feedback and opinions from Steam users as to whether they feel our music creation software would be suited for sale on the Store. We know there is a huge market for music creation software. The software is primarily aimed at the budget market for newcomers and amateurs however we have had professional tracks produced, performed live and sole on iTunes:
Here is one example track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QE5ldcGLk

Here is the link to the website for more information.
http://www.beatzmaker.co.uk
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:56am 
That's kinda like asking us to give feedback on a set of chisels by showing us a statue.
Dr. Dino Jan 28, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
If you wanted us to decide our opinions for your programe, wouldn't a video showing how your programe works better?

As for whether your programe is suited for steam, there are couple of music related software in my greenlight queue already, and I would welcome one more.
BadManDemIsFearMe Jan 28, 2013 @ 4:25pm 
Visit the website their are tutorial videos there.

I will try and make a promo video just for Steam if I get chance
C0untzer0 Jan 29, 2013 @ 1:46am 
Then I think it's safe to say that you're just not that committed to the project, so Greenlight probably isn't the way to go.
jeslyck Jan 29, 2013 @ 1:55am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Then I think it's safe to say that you're just not that committed to the project, so Greenlight probably isn't the way to go.

Steam it is for businesses not hobbyists
BadManDemIsFearMe Jan 29, 2013 @ 4:15am 
Why? I have already made the videos and you can actually download the software and try it for yourself (promo version) I have spent over a year on it and alot of effort to get it out and promote you sorry youre both wrong. What do you want, do you want me to come to your house and give you a one to one personal demonstration? Is that commited enough?
jeslyck Jan 29, 2013 @ 5:14am 
Then it is ok you just sounded not that committed.
C0untzer0 Jan 29, 2013 @ 6:49am 
Originally posted by BadManDemIsFearMe:
I will try and make a promo video just for Steam if I get chance
If you really don't see how this makes you look like you're either too lazy or have higher priorities, that's unfortunate. I guess you find it much easier to take the passive aggressive route and say something like:
What do you want, do you want me to come to your house and give you a one to one personal demonstration? Is that commited enough?
than it is to actually show some kind of commitment.
BadManDemIsFearMe Jan 30, 2013 @ 4:34am 
no mate. It has to do with priorities, i have provided enough information for someone to look at and provide feedback. I have spent a lot of effort on this, you can see that by visiting the website alone and you can see whats already been done.

I do have other priorities yes. As this is is currently a free software its not paying my bills so go figure.

So yes I work on it when I get time. Because it is already complete and functional and what I do on top of that is bug fixing, adding new features and making new example songs.

However if Steam do take it on board, it will add a great new software title to their existing list. It will open doors for me and as it would be financially rewarding that would increase its priority for me and yes I would then spend more time on it as it would be worth while.

You have just made some assumptions on me without knowing me or the company based on misinterpretation of a brief reply I made.

That promo video I could make in a few hours, but is it really needed? If you go to the website all you have to do is click the link. There are plenty of videos there and actually ALL the information I could possible provide is there... Its not about laziness or lack of commitment. Anything else?

Sorry if I come across as aggressive but I have put a lot of effort into this, but I am just making a reply to your feedback/opinion which you are perfectly entitles to.

jeslyck Jan 30, 2013 @ 5:53am 
quote However if Steam do take it on board, it will add a great new software title to their existing list. It will open doors for me and as it would be financially rewarding that would increase its priority for me and yes I would then spend more time on it as it would be worth while.

hope you understand that I am skeptical of such a's Comment
Last edited by jeslyck; Jan 30, 2013 @ 5:54am
Skoardy Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:01am 
However if Steam do take it on board, it will add a great new software title to their existing list. It will open doors for me and as it would be financially rewarding that would increase its priority for me and yes I would then spend more time on it as it would be worth while.
Do mean indirectly financially rewarding somehow? I thought you mentioned earlier that your software was free?
Snaeng Jan 30, 2013 @ 6:18am 
So basically your software is not worth while when it's not on Steam.. That's a great impression you have of your own software. And it indeed is lack of commitment or laziness when you don't provide a fitting media for the audience you try to approach. Sure, the website has a lot of information.. but how about making something catchy that will actually rise interest?
BadManDemIsFearMe Jan 30, 2013 @ 1:27pm 
promo version.

If it was on steam and for sale I know I would get more sales then it not being on steam, thats all.

So has anyone actually looked at it, instead of analyzing my comments?
wilco64256 Jan 30, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
So you plan to continue giving this software away for free, but the second you get on Steam you'd start charging for it? Do you see how that would actually stop people from voting for it?
Gorlom[Swe] Jan 30, 2013 @ 4:38pm 
@wilco64256: The free giveaway seems to be some kind of ad campaign or something rather then how it has been and with a plan to switch if they get onto steam.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:33am