Steam Greenlight
DieCrypter - Tactical Stealth Action, low interest?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109027829

Does this meet STEAM Standards? For some reason, i get very low interest.. would like to know why... is it because people just don't know about this game?

I am not saying this is finished product as i have a lot of things to cover still.
< >
Показані коментарі 110 із 10
I think it looks pretty good. I personally downvoted it because I have no interest in this type of game (I only upvote stuff that I want to buy in the future), but it looks pretty polished already.
Not interested in stealth games and the art style doesn't appeal.
I have an interest in tactical games but I do not like the the graphics style

It seems like that the world consists only of blue blocks, and the enemies / avatar are indefinable blue gost tings.
Автор останньої редакції: jeslyck; 25 січ. 2013 о 10:07
Цитата допису Mindwedge:
Does this meet STEAM Standards? McPixel did. Make your game, get the feedback and learn from it. Wondering what the standards are for Steam is as productive as (insert futile activity here).
I'm sure that the prizes that McPixel won gave them lot more confidence before Greenlight.
In my opininion, the game looks too plain and simple. Just hiding from guards and cameras quickly becomes tedious. Modern stealth games add a lot of little interactive details to make the process more varied. Things like enviromental traps, shuttable power generators, etc
Personally the game-play and artistic style seems like it would become monotonous after some time... besides that stealth isnt really my thing either.
There's a game like this already, it's called Frozen Synapse. Also the gameplay looks incredibly boring, Hotline Miami pulled off this kind of gameplay better.

I like the platforming though, pretty fascinating, perhaps take it a step further and make the game purely puzzle platforming using isometric camera views.
Автор останньої редакції: Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 26 січ. 2013 о 17:24
I've been thinking about this recently and there's something else about the project that also doesn't sit well (and I don't want you to take this as piling on faults as, like I say, I've been thinking about this previously but I've realised it applies to your game too) and that's the procedural nature of it.

When I see a feature list that promotes procedurally generated levels I realise we're supposed to be first impressed by the technical prowess that brought this into being but we're also supposed to realise that it implies endless (re)playability, should we desire it.

But I've come to appreciate a crafted level more these days. One where a designer has taken time to evaluate what the player is ready to face, where the level stands in the game's structure plus a certain artistry and meaning to the layout. Procedurally generated levels are typically somewhat antiseptic and can be samey. It's a way to bulk out the game, yes, but I think that procedurally generated content can seem like a bit of cop-out.

It's a conclusion that comes as somewhat of a shock to me as, originally, one of my early loves in gaming was Roguelike games.
Цитата допису Skoardy:
I've been thinking about this recently and there's something else about the project that also doesn't sit well (and I don't want you to take this as piling on faults as, like I say, I've been thinking about this previously but I've realised it applies to your game too) and that's the procedural nature of it.

I agree, I think it's something like this:
In the 1980s maze games were carefully crafted, and we were glad of them.
In the 1990s Dungeon Bashing came in, and 100 levels used a lot more disk space than procedurals, plus we got to play a different game each time (like Diablo)
In the 2000s we had the option to rebuild our characters to get replay value out of the same level, which was ideally built to have 3 or 4 different solutions (like Alpha Protocol)
-edit (Deus Ex is a great example of this one as well, few maps, but many ways to go.)

Also we're robbed of one of the social parts of gaming, talking to our geek friends about (Did you find the Easter Egg behind the statue in the 3rd corridor? Which way did you go in the basement? etc)
Автор останньої редакції: C0untzer0; 27 січ. 2013 о 1:14
There is a lot of feedback! And i appreciate this that many of you give me honest feedback. Your feedback is very important it fuels me to improve the game even more.

Thank you again.
< >
Показані коментарі 110 із 10
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 25 січ. 2013 о 7:08
Дописів: 10