Steam Greenlight
Is there a way to flag a Greenlit title so Steam tells you when it's available for sale on Steam?
Like the subject line says, please. :)
Автор останньої редакції: irrevenant; 16 січ. 2013 о 0:18
< >
Показані коментарі 16 із 6
Nope. Which seems like a blunder on their part. You'd think the very first thing they'd want to do when a Greenlit game gets released on the store is email everyone who voted it up to let them know.

Also note that Valve is not 'publishing' these games, just selling them. Big difference.
Цитата допису wilco64256:
Nope. Which seems like a blunder on their part. You'd think the very first thing they'd want to do when a Greenlit game gets released on the store is email everyone who voted it up to let them know.
Agreed. Any suggestions as to how to suggest this to Valve?

Цитата допису wilco64256:
Also note that Valve is not 'publishing' these games, just selling them. Big difference.
I've reworded the subject to be clearer, thanks.
If you have them in your "Favourites" list, the publishers tend to post updates in your feed. Some post more than others but I'm pretty sure that release would be something of which they'd like to inform you.
Plus they tend to get front page in the store when they appear.

Цитата допису irrevenant:
Agreed. Any suggestions as to how to suggest this to Valve?
I guess that "Support" would be the only place. They DO tend to listen to people and respond.
Thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, Greenlight games are presented to everyone via the pop-up marketing messages you see when you log in or exit a game. While those are not specifically targeted toward people who voted for the game, they are viewed by a huge number of people across Steam.

http://cdn.store.steampowered.com/message/1100270263190673361/

Specifically notifying people that voted for or favorited an item is something we've been thinking about, but we don't have a specific timeline for when that might happen.
There is also the fact that you see said games going in-store on the community newsfeed which I think everyone can see so it's a bit pointless to throw another alert. If I usually notice those alert myself because of a pop-up or simply by checking the newsfeed, I think everyone can as well.
Цитата допису Sera:
There is also the fact that you see said games going in-store on the community newsfeed which I think everyone can see so it's a bit pointless to throw another alert. If I usually notice those alert myself because of a pop-up or simply by checking the newsfeed, I think everyone can as well.
I suspect that really depends on how regular a visitor you are to Steam. But even regular users can miss stuff in the Newsfeed - it's pretty busy.

If you told a store you wanted something, but it wasn't in stock yet, ideally you'd want them to give you a call once it arrived. You could just keep eyeing the catalogues until it showed up, but it's an order of magnitude less convenient.

Цитата допису Alden:
Specifically notifying people that voted for or favorited an item is something we've been thinking about, but we don't have a specific timeline for when that might happen.
Thank you, Alden. :)
Автор останньої редакції: irrevenant; 27 січ. 2013 о 20:36
< >
Показані коментарі 16 із 6
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 15 січ. 2013 о 23:25
Дописів: 6