Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Baumkopf-Holzfaust Jan 14, 2013 @ 7:25am
Whats next?
Hello, i got some questions concerning this message at our game. " Your item is 100% of the way to making the top 100 list."

What is happening now? How many games got this message? Will i get a ranking if the game gets into the Top 100? When will it get in the top 100?

This is the game. Submerge

Thank you for your answers.
Best regards,
Wolo
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Guybrush20X6 Jan 14, 2013 @ 7:44am 
I don't know how to answer but congrats on getting into the top 100.
[POS]katiehal16 Jan 14, 2013 @ 7:59am 
I saw that same message where our stats used to be on our page, whereas yesterday we had a graph of our votes compared to the average for the Top 100 and our exact ranking in the top 100 (which was not nearly close enough to #100 for us to have dropped below it).

Our game is Cognition.

I'm also interested in finding out what's going on with this.
Oliver Jan 14, 2013 @ 8:03am 
The end of Greenlight
Instant Kingdom Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:02am 
The same exact thing appears to have happened with our own game, Driftmoon, a few hours ago. Our little labor of love was not doing badly before, but it's such a huge change that I'm actually having a hard time believing it, even now that our release date is growing close... But if it IS true (and not a temporary Greenlight glitch), I'm definitely not complaining. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93040120

As far as I know, any new games haven't yet been Greenlit today, right (isn't it supposed to be on the 15th)? I wonder if Greenlight's been acting strangely for other people in the past half a day or so?
AusSkiller Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:31am 
There were a few bugs that showed up with greenlight around the time games were previously about to get greenlit, it's probably just happening again. I've got no idea why it's happens but Valve usually monitor these discussions and are fairly quick to fix things too, so don't worry about things acting up in the next day or two, I'm sure they'll fix them asap :)
pipocaz Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:38am 
That same message is showing at games that already were in the top 100 for some time. (At least with the one I know) I assume they are changing things.
Instant Kingdom Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:46am 
@AusSkiller Thanks for the reply! That's my guess as well.

The thing is, I could somehow believe the leap if we'd just sent out the news about our upcoming release - and a huge number of new people had suddenly discovered and tried the game (we've been happy to notice that people who try Driftmoon generally seem to like it ;)... BUT since we haven't done any advertising at all, I'm leaning heavily toward your opinion.

Still, it's been pretty sweet seeing that 100% on our page. I know I'm definitely looking forward to getting there for real. :)

Edit: Thanks for the info, @pipocaz ! (I noticed your reply after I'd already sent mine.)
Last edited by Instant Kingdom; Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:56am
Alden Jan 14, 2013 @ 3:53pm 
Originally posted by AusSkiller:
There were a few bugs that showed up with greenlight around the time games were previously about to get greenlit, it's probably just happening again. I've got no idea why it's happens but Valve usually monitor these discussions and are fairly quick to fix things too, so don't worry about things acting up in the next day or two, I'm sure they'll fix them asap :)
There was a temporary issue, though it has nothing to do with the next batch getting Greenlit tomorrow--just coincidental. The issue should be resolved now.
Meltdown Interactive Media Jan 15, 2013 @ 5:04am 
We've had this issue happen many times on our game, and too many times I got excited, we thought we'd been Greenlighted or something. Then after a few refreshes we were back where we were :(
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2013 @ 7:25am