Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Brave Heart 7 Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:22am
Help!!! (RIGGING Weapons)
I am about 95% done with modeling a new, custom sniper primary weapon (I.e sniper rifle). I would just like to ask which bones should I rig since the model doesn't look the same as any other sniper rifle. I also want to know how to animate the weapon to reload, fire, go-to-scope, etc... since the gun would have a new rig set up for it, and how should I edit the qc file to play the corresponding animations. Will it be accepted by the valve developer if I do all the above? Thanks for your help :D
Last edited by Brave Heart; Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:27am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Vintage Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:43am 
Yes, it should be accepted by VALVe (correct spelling).
However, I don't know how to animate for Source (except in the FilmMaker), and you'll need VALVe to be able to actually view the "new" animation without having to replace the original ones.
So no, I can't help ya here.
Brave Heart 7 Jan 7, 2013 @ 11:05am 
Then can any VALVe developer help me please... :(
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Jan 7, 2013 @ 11:09am 
ValvE rarely accepts community made animations. As far as I know only the Shortstop managed that. If your model is so complicated you need custom animations for reloading, firing and scoping I'm afraid you might as well not bother. But if you're really dedicated, go for it. The internet is there for you.
Brave Heart 7 Jan 7, 2013 @ 8:15pm 
I know how to animate, but what shall I rig, and how do I do the fire animation if I don't have his fingers' mesh?
Brave Heart 7 Jan 8, 2013 @ 6:44am 
Can anyone help me please???
Pogo 33 Jan 9, 2013 @ 9:36am 
There are no official sources for view models, or even up to date player models. To get them you will have to decompile existing models.

My advice is that you create items that work with pre-existing animations, as this will reduce your workload significantly. Additionally, valve have yet to implement an item with user submitted animations.
Brave Heart 7 Jan 18, 2013 @ 3:28am 
Are there any tuts to help me in the animation?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:22am