Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Toxizity Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:10am
Pyro primary wep idea
Since his flamethrower is a wep that does DoT why not also make some kind of acid sprayer? It would also live up to the DoT feature that pyros wep has... The bio hazard "hat" for pyro would fit well with that wep... I dunno about the stats though.. Would b cool if it had some special stats 2 it that could make it even more unique.. And if we also could work out a story for this wep so that it would fit in the game as a wep for the pyro somehow... What do u think?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
AuraSoul Jan 5, 2013 @ 5:48pm 
Originally posted by Toxizity:
Since his flamethrower is a wep that does DoT why not also make some kind of acid sprayer? It would also live up to the DoT feature that pyros wep has... The bio hazard "hat" for pyro would fit well with that wep... I dunno about the stats though.. Would b cool if it had some special stats 2 it that could make it even more unique.. And if we also could work out a story for this wep so that it would fit in the game as a wep for the pyro somehow... What do u think?
Nice idea dude! The good thing about it that water dosen't even effect poison! I was thinking it could never get removed only if the person got healed by a medikit,medic,dispenser,etc. But it would slowly take health like 1 health every 1 seconds. Spamming the gin dosen't do anything because you just poison them and that's it! I like the idea of it, it could have a warning sign on the gun and toxic bubbles coming out of it.

I got a name for it...Silent but deadly...
Last edited by AuraSoul; Jan 5, 2013 @ 5:50pm
Sentient_Toaster Jan 5, 2013 @ 6:31pm 
Difficult to balance.

Flamethrowers aren't terribly dangerous from the afterburn's damage -- the main dangers are of continued direct damage from the flamethrower (which is not bad, even from the Degreaser), from the crits (90-pt flare gun, 195-pt axtinguisher) that the afterburn sets up, and (for Spies) being revealed as such. That's why the Degreaser's reduced-damage afterburn isn't considered that strong of a penalty.

A second DoT effect wouldn't have the flare/axe crit threat, so it'd either need to have more direct contact damage, or /nasty/ DoT damage to make it worthwhile (which might encourage obnoxious kamikaze blast-everybody-at-the-cart charges or the like). It'd be tricky to make it usable without being obnoxious.
Toxizity Jan 5, 2013 @ 6:34pm 
Perhaps a positive stat could be longer range, so you can give the enemy a toxic shower at the cost of stunlocking urself or something?
Flawless | C4CTU5C4T Jan 8, 2013 @ 7:52am 
No afterburn but alot of positive stats? :>
Such as longer range etc
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2013 @ 8:10am