Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:22am
New color for non-craft items
I think that non-carftable items should have a new color. like vintage is blue, unusuals are purple, community items are green....and non-craft should be....red? brown? white? pink?

What do you think?
What color do you think?
What effect would this have on trading community?
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:26am 
Just one word.

Why?
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:36am 
well. i collect them and it would be nice. i have also seen a lot of people scammed with non crafts. They are marked as "non craft" but the red text is not the way all other items are marked. it will add to the fun. vintages are blue...why? because its cool and fun...no reason. but the red text is not as cool as a big red box with full red words. You know...make it look like the vintage style. people love that blue text.
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:39am 
what would a genuine be if it wasn't green? who doesn't like a green item? i love it. makes collecting fun.
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:41am 
i also think gifted should change color too. valve would sell some wrap and we collectors would have fun.
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:14am 
look at my collection here.
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/7515318
the vintage and the gifted vintage would be way better if it were two colors. they are both blue
The unique and the non-craftable should also be two different color. they are both yellow.
SnowYews [Morgiana] Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:21am 
It'd likely be Gray/Grey, since they are kind of like dull or worn items you'd find in an RPG or MMO, even though uncraftable Hats/Miscs are more expensive than their clean counterparts most often now.
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:29am 
i would be happy with grey. only reason i say red is because the "non-craftable" text on them now is red. Also...achievement items should be brown.
Wanderer(Retired) Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:34am 
Originally posted by PinkSaber:
i would be happy with grey. only reason i say red is because the "non-craftable" text on them now is red.
Red is used for Valve weapons.
[VIP] PinkSaber Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:38am 
that a great point. Its odd that the very few valve weapons have red and all the noncraft have no color. (well yellow) What if unique changed from yellow to some other color and noncraft stayed yellow? they did give haunted a new color for the same reasons im giveing.
Blatch Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:15am 
This... actually isn't that bad of an idea. Color me a collector, but I think players would have fun collecting all of the new non-craftable items they can afford. Plus, it would prevent some unknowing players from being scammed.
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Dec 31, 2012 @ 8:34pm 
First of all, Valve weapons are purple, not red.

Second, qualities are there to distinct weapons between themselves, not other weapons. E.g. the difference between Genuine Sharp Dresser and Unique one is exactly the same as the difference between a Genuine Sharp Dresser and a Non-Craft one because there is no unique version of it anymore. Therefore, it would make no difference at all. Therefore, it shouldn't be done as it only causes unnecessairy confusion.
Last edited by Professional Spycrab Hunter; Dec 31, 2012 @ 8:35pm
[VIP] PinkSaber Jan 1, 2013 @ 8:36am 
Originally posted by Professional Spycrab Hunter:
First of all, Valve weapons are purple, not red.

Second, qualities are there to distinct weapons between themselves, not other weapons. E.g. the difference between Genuine Sharp Dresser and Unique one is exactly the same as the difference between a Genuine Sharp Dresser and a Non-Craft one because there is no unique version of it anymore. Therefore, it would make no difference at all. Therefore, it shouldn't be done as it only causes unnecessairy confusion.

But could not the same be said about vintage? we all love vintage...right?
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Jan 1, 2013 @ 8:38am 
No, the same couldn't be said about Vintage at all. A weapon can be either Vintage or Unique, Non Craft weapons never can be Unique, there is no difference.
Last edited by Professional Spycrab Hunter; Jan 1, 2013 @ 8:38am
[VIP] PinkSaber Jan 1, 2013 @ 9:13am 
Originally posted by Professional Spycrab Hunter:
No, the same couldn't be said about Vintage at all. A weapon can be either Vintage or Unique, Non Craft weapons never can be Unique, there is no difference.

Ok, i see your point. But then why are unusuals purple?
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Jan 1, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
Because you can have an Unusual version of an item and an Unique version at the same time. What you want to do is replace the Unique version of say, the Maul with the Non-Craft version. The price of the item would then still be decided by the item itself, and not the quality.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:22am