Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
robod8 Dec 27, 2012 @ 5:59pm
concealed spy revolver item
After seeing the amazing film Django Unchained, i found the hidden derringer used by Christoph Waltz exxceptionally awesome and thought, "You know, It would be cool if the spy had this weapon in TF2." I don't know if someone has already made an item like this in the workshop, but if not than i hope someone will make one, and if they do they will have my full support. It would be cool if the animation for pulling out the weapon was the derringer shooting out of the spy's cufflinks into his hand, similar to the sharp dresser. Also it would be cool if (and i understand that us players can't control this) the ability of the item was that the spy could fire while disguised and not break the disguise. Of course there will be penalties, like reduced ammo, and if the spy fires while cloaked they become marked for death, etc. If someone does make this item, I hope it gets put into the game. If it does, and the person who made the item made it in response to this post, i hope (ahem) they will put good word in so that i get one as well as them
Best regards
RoboD8 :3
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
SnowYews [Morgiana] Dec 29, 2012 @ 5:11pm 
Loved that movie was well. I think a hidden-pistol sort of thing for Spy would be awesome.

Perhaps you have to hold down right-click to bring it out before you can shoot? Maybe the first 3 seconds of pulling it out, your shot is 100% accurate. Maybe crits/mini-crits(or just a good damage boost) from behind, and only two shots per clip?
Sentient_Toaster Jan 4, 2013 @ 7:01pm 
Breaking core mechanics is usually a dubious notion.
SnowYews [Morgiana] Jan 6, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by Sentient_Toaster:

Because the Phlog totally didn't break the core mechanic of Airblasting...
The Spy-Cicle didn't break the core mechanic of Afterburn...
The Sydney Sleeper didn't break the core mechanic of Headshots...
The Sandman definitely didn't change the core playing style of the Scout...
The Dead Ringer definitely did not change the core playing style of Spy...

In short: If weapons didn't change the core mechanics, they'd be boring reskins.
Sentient_Toaster Jan 6, 2013 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by Yuzuru's Angel Tear:
Originally posted by Sentient_Toaster:

Because the Phlog totally didn't break the core mechanic of Airblasting...
The Spy-Cicle didn't break the core mechanic of Afterburn...
The Sydney Sleeper didn't break the core mechanic of Headshots...
The Sandman definitely didn't change the core playing style of the Scout...
The Dead Ringer definitely did not change the core playing style of Spy...

In short: If weapons didn't change the core mechanics, they'd be boring reskins.

LOL.

The Phlog is a terribad weapon only useful against low-skill people, by people who can't be bothered to learn to airblast at all.

The Spycicle is a dubious weapon considering that it may prevent you from making picks; it is entirely worth it to die on fire if you kill that Pyro-guarded medic who is close to fully charged.

The Sleeper is a strict downgrade for good snipers who can actually headshot well, because rapid killing is far superior to rapid minicrit-debuffing.

The Sandman was considered completely broken on release, because it was grossly OP with the ability to stun ubers.

The Dead Ringer isn't fooling anybody who bothers to use hitsounds / damage notification or who habitually picks up weapons, and people can be considerably stealthier if they're good at ammo-surfing with the IW; it's more annoying than anything else.
robod8 Jan 12, 2013 @ 2:22pm 
I am so happy that i started an argument :/
SnowYews [Morgiana] Jan 12, 2013 @ 2:54pm 
Originally posted by robod8:

Bumping week-old discussions is bad for your health.
Last edited by SnowYews [Morgiana]; Jan 12, 2013 @ 2:54pm
robod8 Jan 12, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
Originally posted by Yuzuru's Angel Tear:
Originally posted by robod8:

Bumping week-old discussions is bad for your health.
sorry i wasnt on to check
robod8 Jan 12, 2013 @ 3:59pm 
all i wanted was a cool derringer weapon in TF2. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2012 @ 5:59pm