Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:30pm
Download DOWNLOAD DOWNLOOOOOAAAAD!!!!!!!!
This is going to sound stupid but how do i download workshop items and yes i know i sound like a derp
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Yuca Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:33pm 
You don't
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:49pm 
thank you. like the metal gear refrence
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Dec 24, 2012 @ 7:41am 
You sound more like a Dalek to me.
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Dec 24, 2012 @ 9:01am 
im sorry but dont post if your not going to help. i want the matchstick munchcin soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Dec 25, 2012 @ 6:06am 
Alright, I'll help. You can't download stuff from the TF2 Workshop. Doesn't work like that.
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Dec 29, 2012 @ 2:21pm 
whats the point in that why cant it be like garys mod
Pogo 44 Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:08am 
Hats that are accepted for game go on sale in the mann co store. If everything was given for free then who would buy it?

Check gamebanana.com and tf2mods.net for content that has been released for public download
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Dec 31, 2012 @ 4:29pm 
thank you for finally helping and i guess you are right
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Dec 31, 2012 @ 8:22pm 
Originally posted by clonecommando1120:
thank you for finally helping and i guess you are right

What the hell did I do then? Water the plants?
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Dec 31, 2012 @ 10:11pm 
nah you fertilized
DerpinDatBoy Jan 8, 2013 @ 2:13am 
sometimes you can get mods for items,usually there are links in the discriptions
mac hacker Mar 18, 2013 @ 10:11pm 
so I see things like a new sniper rifle in the work shop. I have to buy those? I'm in the same boat as clone commando here...
Sentient_Toaster Mar 19, 2013 @ 12:47am 
To be more explicit:

- Graphical models are uploaded to the Workshop by contributors.

- Valve, at their leisure, will veeeeery occasionally add a vanishingly small percentage of them to the game -- with their own choice of name and stats. Valve wants models, not abilities and stat wish-lists.

- As with most other items (exceptions being promo items), normal-quality versions of the accepted ones will usually be available in the Mann Co. store for purchase with real money. The contributors get a cut.

- They may appear in themed crates (seasonal and holiday crates have contained quite a few community items). Weapons will randomly drop (in normal quality), cosmetic items may (but very rarely if so), crafting tends to be possible for the weapons (but not cheaply. The Mecha Update weapons -- Loose Cannon, Rescue Ranger, Vaccinator -- all take 3x of a particular item + one reclaimed).

If Valve *doesn't* approve an item, you're not going to be able to buy it or download it or use it unless it's a heavily modded server (ala Tightrope, which tests various ideas), or purely as a reskin from replacing your own material files and with no effect for anybody else.
Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Mar 19, 2013 @ 4:51pm 
thanks toaster. this is off subject but does anybod think that stuff is the mann co. store is over priced i mean what the heck 16.00 for HAT WHAT THE HECK it seems like they try and make it hard to play tf2 without paying them like 200.00 its kinda sad. its like most games on ios its 3.00 to push a button like wth. it really sad how nobody cares if their games are practical and playable they just want your money. tf2 isnt thet bad its just really over priced.
[ ] Mar 19, 2013 @ 11:38pm 
well instead of downloading it to your workshop but..............
you can add to your collection but it does nothing in the collection....?? :(:(
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:30pm