Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
[T-A!] Diesel Dec 8, 2012 @ 4:59pm
Team Fortress 2 Hat Ideas (NEW!)
Hello! I have posted a weapon ideas thread which was very successful with a numerous amount of people commiting their ideas and discussing others. So I though why not expand this to hats?

Anyways;

For this thread you can think of the hats you would dream to have in the game, they can be "Set hats" or just normal hats with or with out statistics.

If you want to post a idea I recommend you do it this way so people get the best understanding of what you are trying to show:

Set hats should include:
Name
Class
Positive stats
Negative stat
A description to suit the hat
And a list of items it will go with to get the bonus
A image of something like you want or you could describe the look.

Normal hats should include:
Name
Class
Description
Image or a description of what the hat looks like.

Also:
If you want your hat to be unusual what effect would it have?

You should not:
Copy someone elses idea and re type it
Steal someones idea and use it for making a idea without permission
Make stupidly unfair bonus stats
Add stats to non set hats
Use a hat idea that would never be added or look the "TF2 STYLE".
Copy a image from the internet AND claim it as yours

warning: Links to safe image websites only or you could be putting yourself at risk.

I recommend if you are going to get a image make your own, we don't care about your drawing skills so don't feel afraid to make your own.

Enjoy

Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Falconium535 Dec 8, 2012 @ 5:34pm 
Hey Dieselblue,
I just want to say, "Way to go for starting these discussions!" :D
They're a great way for people to put forward ideas for the game, and I am certain (judging from the number of people who posted on the last forum) that they are quite appreciated by many TF2 fans besides myself.

I hope to be posting hat ideas pronto, once I get some ideas sorted out . . .
Thanks again!
Ham-Man Dec 8, 2012 @ 5:55pm 
Name: Hat With a Name
Class: Soldier
Description: Much better than A Hat With No Name. Studies show 87% of people like names, 5% don't, 7% like numbers, and 1% don't give a damn. None even know this hat's name, however.
Look: Hmmmm... Mabye a big, red/ rainbow hat with maybe a question mark, maybe it could be fancy, I don't know. Someone feel free to post good look ides for this.
(If you didn't get it, it's a pun of the Hat With No Name...)
Vinyl Scratch™ 1 Dec 9, 2012 @ 1:14am 
less hats, more Demoman weapons focused on explosions
[T-A!] Diesel Dec 9, 2012 @ 3:17am 
Originally posted by Cold Calculation:
Hey Dieselblue,
I just want to say, "Way to go for starting these discussions!" :D
They're a great way for people to put forward ideas for the game, and I am certain (judging from the number of people who posted on the last forum) that they are quite appreciated by many TF2 fans besides myself.

I hope to be posting hat ideas pronto, once I get some ideas sorted out . . .
Thanks again!

Thank you, It's good to have people improving the TF2 community. I made this so people with good ideas can actually get then around without having to be 3D modelling pros.
♚ King Bowser Koopa Dec 9, 2012 @ 3:54am 
1 question. Do you make the items that you see here and like them and the one who made the idea get 5% or something for credit?
Last edited by ♚ King Bowser Koopa; Dec 9, 2012 @ 3:59am
froggy fresh Dec 10, 2012 @ 5:11am 
Scout misc: The Boston button up
Desc: Dress to kill.
Alt desc: This was another scheme from the scout to pick up girls, He decided he'd go to his old highschool prom, but then again, they found out he was 23, and they recognized him from last time.
Alt alt desc: Who said war can't be fancy?
(It would look like the fast learner but have buttons and the top is sorta un-done, and 2 styles: Button (with buttons) and No button (It's sorta like a vest with no button) PAINTABLE BUTTONS!!!!!!!!
[T-A!] Diesel Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by King Bowser Koopa:
1 question. Do you make the items that you see here and like them and the one who made the idea get 5% or something for credit?
I don't make the ideas that are made here into actual models, but, If someone else who is a pro at this 3D modeling they can ask the person and yes, you normally would get 5-10% of income.
♚ King Bowser Koopa Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:11pm 
Originally posted by ★ Dieselblue™:
Originally posted by King Bowser Koopa:
I don't make the ideas that are made here into actual models, but, If someone else who is a pro at this 3D modeling they can ask the person and yes, you normally would get 5-10% of income.
thanks for answer :)
Pogo 33 Dec 11, 2012 @ 2:33am 
The revenue share you will get is entirely dependent on the person who creates the item. A name and description is generally not enough to get a self made and money. Some creators are more generous than others but names and descriptions are almost always changed by valve anyway.

If you want your ideas to be created and have a chance of being credited for them, then focus on the VISUAL description of the item. Draw pictures, find similar things on google and post them. The counterfeit billycock started as a pencil drawing on graph paper, for example.

It's simply not enough to say "make a hat with a feather" and receive a revenue share after someone else has done all the work. Ideas guys are everywhere so you have to make your ideas stand out if you want them made.
Roxie_sword Dec 11, 2012 @ 6:07pm 
Something like "king whiskey" or "drunks crown".
demoman
"For when youve spent all your money on whiskey before the hat inspector arrives"
A bunch of whiskey bottle duct taped together. The idea is based of a character from fallout: equestria: project horizons blackjack AKA queen whiskey. She wheres a crown of bottle tape around her head as pictured here (art by Brisineo one deviantart) http://i.imgur.com/QCAKI.png

fallout equestria copyright Kkat
project horizons coryright somber
art copyright Brisineo
Falconium535 Dec 11, 2012 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by Revolver Oshawott:
demoman
"For when youve spent all your money on whiskey before the hat inspector arrives"
A bunch of whiskey bottle duct taped together. The idea is based of a character from fallout: equestria: project horizons blackjack AKA queen whiskey. She wheres a crown of bottle tape around her head as pictured here (art by Brisineo one deviantart) http://i.imgur.com/QCAKI.png

art copyright Brisineo

Link didn't work for me, but no matter. A cool idea for the demoman, though!
[T-A!] Diesel Dec 12, 2012 @ 8:33am 
Originally posted by Revolver Oshawott:
demoman

art copyright Brisineo
Despite the pony that would work! Drunk mans crown
DingoWalley Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:12pm 
I've got two ideas: One's a hat, the other is a Misc. Both are based on Crates:

The Crate-ium
Hat
All Classes
"You know that Mann Co. Crate? The one you just opened and took out a hat that may or may not be what you wanted? Well, screw the hat! The Crate's all you need! Wear it over your head and be the envy of your enemies who were too distracted by 'real' hats to be creative like you!"

The Box Pack of Wonders
Misc
All Classes
"If your like me, you know how to have fun. What's more fun then imagination in a box? If your like me, nothing is! Now you don't have to go without your imagination box. With this on your back, anything is possible. Your crate could hold a Cat in it! It could be a time machine that sends you back in time, be it minutes or millennia's! It could take you to a fantastical land filled with rainbows and lollipops! The possibilities are endless!"
Falconium535 Dec 12, 2012 @ 9:43pm 
Originally posted by DingoWalley:

The Crate-ium
Hat
All Classes
"You know that Mann Co. Crate? The one you just opened and took out a hat that may or may not be what you wanted? Well, screw the hat! The Crate's all you need! Wear it over your head and be the envy of your enemies who were too distracted by 'real' hats to be creative like you!"

The Box Pack of Wonders
Misc
All Classes
"If your like me, you know how to have fun. What's more fun then imagination in a box? If your like me, nothing is! Now you don't have to go without your imagination box. With this on your back, anything is possible. Your crate could hold a Cat in it! It could be a time machine that sends you back in time, be it minutes or millennia's! It could take you to a fantastical land filled with rainbows and lollipops! The possibilities are endless!"

Not bad at all! :D
[T-A!] Diesel Dec 14, 2012 @ 7:56am 
Originally posted by DingoWalley:

The Crate-ium
Hat
All Classes

The Box Pack of Wonders
Misc
All Classes
Nice description, really TF2 like keep it up
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2012 @ 4:59pm