Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
taco Dec 6, 2012 @ 1:23pm
Help Needed: Modifying Weapon Animations (Demoman)
Situation: I have modeled and rigged a grenade launcher for the demoman and default animations load properly; however, I need two things changed:

1. I need the cylinder to rotate twice as much as it does currently because I have half as many chambers (I have 3, down from the original 6).

2. The gun folds open in a forward direction where 'weapon_bone_1' is placed but I need it to fold down to the side (like opening a revolver).

Is there a way to change these values in my mdldecompiler.qc?
Is there a way to assign values to the bones to influence the animations?
Do I need to make custom animations?
Will the workshop accept custom animations OR will they accept an items that requires them to modify the animations?

Thanks for any help. I've been searching forums for hours with nothing close to an answer.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Pogo Dec 11, 2012 @ 2:16am 
No
No
Yes
Maybe

Avoid requiring custom animations as much as possible - it is not certain that valve will not accept, but it's far more work for them to implement a weapon with custom animations compared to one which relies on existing animations
taco Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:10pm 
Thank you for this reply. I will adjust my model/plans accordingly.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2012 @ 1:23pm