Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Mr. Big 8 Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:36pm
Does Valve reevaluate submissions that have been updated?
A year ago I submitted an item to the workshop for the Christmas 2011 contest.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=5067&tscn=1354230621

A few weeks ago, I updated the submission, changed the model to make it look like it was actually sharpened with a knife instead of eating it. But I didn't think I should create a new submission for it so I updated the old submission.

Does Valve look at updated items? Or should I create a new submission?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
SnowYews [Psycho-Pass] Nov 29, 2012 @ 4:16pm 
It seems like they might take stuff from a year ago, but, if you really wanted to ,you could delete it and upload it again.
Poghost 34 Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:23am 
Yes they do - this Halloween valve looked at my submission from last year
Mr. Big 8 Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:42pm 
How can you tell if they have looked at it?
Poghost 34 Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:43pm 
They marked it incompatible XD
Mr. Big 8 Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:00pm 
Did they give a reason? Also how do you go about getting the item out there, and letting people know? I know you're from Polycount I believe as some of your workshop items I have seen the in the TF2 thread.
Hatate Himekaidou |LAB| Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:33am 
They do, the creators of the Pyro's hazmat mask originally had the hat rejected because it looked too similar to a TF2 concept art. Then the ones that made the Spy with just his vest on also got a reason why. As for letting people know, it's a mixture of people just finding it, telling people about it on various forums, your friends.
Poghost 34 Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:16am 
@16bit
They gave no reason, but it wasn't a strong submission so I didn't mind all that much.

I post things at polycount and on facepunch, occasionally they end up on reddit too. From there it's just whoever visits the workshop and sees it.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:36pm