Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Blackninja21 Apr 30, 2013 @ 1:42pm
More Half life series addons
I think there should be more half life addons, i would love a gordon freeman model, and mabye nick as barney, and mabye the old half life 1 zombie as the hunter.
Last edited by Blackninja21; May 6, 2013 @ 1:31pm
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Kevin May 5, 2013 @ 3:55am 
Sounds good. I however, don't know how to do that stuff but I like the idea.
Fridge LargeMeat 1 May 5, 2013 @ 3:30pm 
I believe there's an old Freeman model on L4DMaps replacing Coach, but it doesn't have first-person arms. I know there are HL2 zombie models for common infected, maybe a fast zombie for the Hunter, but I don't know of original Half-Life models out there.
Last edited by Fridge LargeMeat; May 5, 2013 @ 4:52pm
Blackninja21 May 6, 2013 @ 1:30pm 
i dont mean just half life addons,i mean all of the half life series games, i mean half life 2 barney as nick, and maybe the half life 1 zombie as the spitter, and those dirty blues, i think i want ellis as gordan freeman, and the pipebomb as the half life 2 grenade.
W_For_Wumbo May 6, 2013 @ 3:36pm 
headcrabs as jockeys?
Blackninja21 May 6, 2013 @ 4:22pm 
Originally posted by Minecrafty:
headcrabs as jockeys?
that seems like an awsome idea
Fridge LargeMeat 1 May 7, 2013 @ 7:09pm 
Originally posted by The Hunter:
i dont mean just half life addons,i mean all of the half life series games, i mean half life 2 barney as nick, and maybe the half life 1 zombie as the spitter, and those dirty blues, i think i want ellis as gordan freeman, and the pipebomb as the half life 2 grenade.
HL2 grenade Pipebomb, done as well.
Hedacrab Jockey, also done. I have it as my current Jockey skin.
Blackninja21 May 8, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by Those Dirty Blues:
awesome!
Blackninja21 May 8, 2013 @ 1:36pm 
What are you talking about, i looked up headcrab and didnt find anything?
Fridge LargeMeat 1 May 8, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
What are you talking about, i looked up headcrab and didnt find anything?
They aren't on the Workshop, but they exist. If you know where to paste the .vpks I can drop you the links.
Blackninja21 May 8, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
what are .vpks?
Fridge LargeMeat 1 May 8, 2013 @ 7:34pm 
.vpk files are the actual addon files that contain the mods. They're what the Workshop installs when you subscribe to something.
Blackninja21 May 9, 2013 @ 1:04pm 
.vpk files are the actual addon files that contain the mods. They're what the Workshop installs when you subscribe to something.
ok, so do i put them in the actual file or do i put it in the desktop shortcut?
Fridge LargeMeat 1 May 9, 2013 @ 4:18pm 
In order for addons to work by "manual" installation, you need to find where you have Steam installed [usually Program Files or Program Files (x86)] and then place the .vpk file in the Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons folder.
Fridge LargeMeat 1 May 9, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
That said, here are the links to the mods I was talking about.
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=11259 Freeman replaces Coach, no FPS arms.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122055923 HL2 headcrab zombie CI. (Workshopped already!)
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=14613 Fast zombie for Hunter (no headcrab).
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=18893 HL2 grenade for pipebomb.
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=13397 Headcrab for Jockey.
There are more mods from Half-Life on that site, you'll just need to look around.

Please note that these mods are the intellectual properties of their respective authors and should not be re-uploaded to the Steam Workshop without their permission.

To get these mods, click download, fill in the captcha code, and copy/paste the resulting .vpk file into the folder I described above.
Go into Left 4 Dead 2, go into the Addons menu and check the box next to the mods to activate them.
Blackninja21 May 9, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
In order for addons to work by "manual" installation, you need to find where you have Steam installed [usually Program Files or Program Files (x86)] and then place the .vpk file in the Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons folder.
what do you mean by program files? i cant find it on my laptop?
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2013 @ 1:42pm