Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Statyk Apr 30, 2013 @ 8:42am
(NOT TAKING IDEAS!) ~ Statyk's Workshop Thread - Post your best concepts! ~
**(NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ANY IDEAS)**

Hey there!
I'm a 3D modeler and have already made a couple things for the TF2 workshop. But I can't come up with good ideas all the time... So I need your help! Reply with any of your ideas you have in mind and if I like it, I'll consider making it. If I make it, I will send you a friend request and inform you of such. (NOTE: Consideration does NOT necessarily mean I will MAKE it. It is merely in a higher chance of being made)
I will split the revenue 15%-85%. You get 15% of total revenue of sold items (IF it is accepted by Valve of course). If this sounds good to you, fire away! But before you do, I request a few things:

1) Do not bother posting stats you came up with. Valve creates the stats themselves and will ignore it completely, so please don't bother sharing them. I am only looking for visual ideas.
2) It is okay to post a name and/or description. Concept drawings and the such are highly recommended if possible! (Please do not steal another artist's drawing! Be original!)
3) Do not post troll ideas. Anything obscene or copyrighted will be completely ignored.
4) Do not friend request me, as I ignore them all. Leave your response here only.
5) This is only for hats, misc, and weapons. No Unusual Effects, taunts, etc.

Those are my only guidelines. So shoot your ideas if you accept them!
~ Statyk

LIST OF IDEAS
Considered (again, not guaranteed acceptance, may be removed):
1: (Sniper) ------ Camo covering ------------- Fancy Raptor
2: (Spy) ---------- Polygraph Sapper -------- Kira
3: (Engineer) --- Chalkboard ------------------ Doctor Scrumpy
4: (Spy) ---------- Finger Rings ---------------- Earl De Darkwood
5: (Scout) ------- Bowling Set ----------------- Squidward Testicles
6: (Scout) ------- Hydration Pack ------------ AdvisorChip
7: (Medic) ------- Chainsaw Melee ---------- [MiT] Sam
8: (Scout) ------- Baseball Satchel ---------- [MiT} Sam 9: (Scout) ----- ''Pop-Quiz'' Set ------------- scoot™    10: (pyro) ------- 60s Greaser set ----------- Teh Sandman
Last edited by Statyk; Aug 5, 2013 @ 8:43am
Showing 1-15 of 653 comments
< >
Doctor Scrumpy Apr 30, 2013 @ 9:44am 
I think this is an incredible idea, and I do have some ideas in mind. :>
Doctor Scrumpy Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:06am 
I was thinking about the Demoman having the same hair, eyepatch (maybe) and bonnet of Mr. Degroot. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/File:DeGrootPortrait.png
Sentient_Toaster Apr 30, 2013 @ 11:09am 
I'm overly fond of wordplay, so perhaps a wrench that's actually a live monkey. The engineer would hold it forward, and the monkey would swing a paw or tail.
Labraxadores Apr 30, 2013 @ 11:14am 
Man, I seriously have to compile that list of best TF2 weapon ideas...

It was made just for modelers with no ideas.

Right now, here's a basic list:

1. A raven which sits on the shoulder of the Medic (name idea: The Funeral Service)
2. Some sort of water-powered flamethrower (The Wacky Wetter).
3. A lever action sniper rifle, like the old Winchester rifles (No Name's)
4. A Luger-esque weapon for the Spy
5. http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/828937545893642176/?appid=440
6. http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/828936719074842121/?appid=440
(Someone is already working on this, but you may still want to give it a go)
Statyk Apr 30, 2013 @ 12:52pm 
I'd have to hold off on any current ideas being modeled. I'd consider if they weren't, but wouldn't think of doing unless the first person gave up on making it/stopped making it. I wouldn't want to steal work away from anyone.

I do like the plier idea though. I'll keep it in the back of my mind in case the person decides to abandon.
Shimera Apr 30, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
Oh, thanks Labraxadores!

Statyk, that Swiss Slicer idea is mine - but while someone is already doing the modelling, help would be certainly helpful too.

We will talk about it, okay?
Srksi Apr 30, 2013 @ 5:53pm 
New modeler a? Let's try you :) Pen hates me, but It's easy to do one of my ideas without drawing. Let see... Nice detail on pyro would be standard kitchen gloves for getting things from oven, with flowers(yelow color) paintable basic or flower what you think is better. Not glove with 5 fingers, one with 1-4 formation :) Something like this http://www.betterware.co.uk/silicone-oven-glove-12-pink.html just for example with custom decals(flowers etc) If you re serious, I have plenty more better ideas to do :) Ah name, idk, Too hot, Little baker... Contact me if you think that it is good idea
802. PerfectH` Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:01pm 
Hi Statyk,

I'm the one working on the Swiss Slicer conceived by Jojo.

First of all: wow, your models are stunning. Awesome portfolio! Secondly, I am a very amatuer 3d modeler and haven't been in the game that long. I started modeling maps (poorly) almost 10 years ago for C&C Renegade, then my interest grew for a little bit, then I drifted away from it up until about a month ago.

I'm working on my take home exam for class at the moment, but before I head to bed tonight I'll post an update of what I have so far for the Swiss Slicer. Finals week for college so I've been trying to wrap that up and start this project at the same time.

Cheers,
-PerfectH
Shimera Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:45pm 
Hey Statyk!

As you've seen on the post above, we chatted about it and decided to let you make the Swiss Slicer.

Here's the thread again: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/828936719074842121/?appid=440

Thanks for taking an interest on this weapon concept! I'm glad that you appreciate it.
Statyk Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:48pm 
If he has decided to abandon it, I will surely consider =] I will get back to you when and if progress is further made. I am assuming, you, Jojo, are the one sole creator of this idea?
802. PerfectH` Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:49pm 
Statyk, I encourage you to please make this item. I would love to see what a pro 3d modeller such as yourself could produce and perhaps I can get some inspirations for future projects :) (NOT SARCASM!)
Statyk Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:51pm 
I appreciate you passing the project onto me, as well as the comments =] Rest assured this is higher on my "consideration".
Shimera Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:54pm 
Yes, I was the sole concept creator of this idea.

Labraxadores helped with stats and PerfectH helped with a rough model, but I'm the one who concepted it.
Showing 1-15 of 653 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2013 @ 8:42am