Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
|LP| Coelhox★bonyz ツ Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:25pm
New Soldier Rocket Launcher - The Stars Alliance
I am a big fan of Team Fortress 2 and my favorite class is the Soldier.
After seeing one of my friends posting here his idea for a new Spy’s watch, I started thinking in a different rocket launcher. Then, I considered some opinions about this new soldier’s weapon and, as they were not bad, I decided to share my idea. I called it “The Stars Alliance” and these are its main characteristics:
- Has a 25% smaller clip size (like liberty launcher);
- If the player does 3 kills in a row with this rocket launcher, he will be granted Mini-Crits to all of his weapons for 5 seconds; *
* (If the player kills 2 enemies with the rocket launcher and 1 with the shotgun, for example, the Mini-Crits won’t be activated. This special ability requires 3 consecutive kills with the rocket launcher.)
- Mini-Crits are activated immediately after the 3 consecutive kills;
- During the 5 seconds in which Mini-Crits are active, all enemies killed don’t count to get Mini-Crits again;
- Raises the player’s vulnerability by 10% during the 5 seconds of the Mini-Crits buff;
- A kill meter is placed on the HUD when the Stars Alliance is equipped (this way, the player can know how many kills he still have to do to get the Mini-Crits buff).
Unfortunately, I don’t have access to any program that I could use to create a possible design for “The Stars Alliance”. However, I will try to solve this problem and create an interesting rocket’s design. After that I share it with you.

If you please, tell me what do you guys think. :D

Last edited by |LP| Coelhox★bonyz ツ; Apr 30, 2013 @ 8:46am
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
|LP| Goose *SA Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:37pm 
Good ideia!
CAN docter'S FAN HANDLE IT??? Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
I didn't really like the model, but the idea itself is pretty cool.
|LP| Amaral Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:46pm 
Pretty good
Space Dandy 1 Apr 28, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
Yep, sounds pretty good.

I'd like to see how it works as a practical weapon, though.
|LP| Coelhox★bonyz ツ Apr 28, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
me too :D
Draforce Apr 28, 2013 @ 2:32pm 
Nice idea!
|LP| Tonecas ツ Apr 28, 2013 @ 4:08pm 
A pretty interesting idea.
Labraxadores Apr 29, 2013 @ 4:50am 
I really like this idea. Sounds like a fun way to play Soldier.

Just one thing, make the vulnerability higher. The 10% is permanent when the weapon is equipped, and then goes up to 20% once the minicrit is activated. For each time the minicrit buff activates, the permanent vulnerability goes up by 10%. It would cap at 50% permanent vulnerability.

However, the minicrit buff will gain 1 more second of duration for each time the buff is activated.

The vulnerability and the buff would be reset at death.

Also, you do have access to a free program. I personally use Blender, and it's good enough.
|LP| Bia ^^ Recrutas TF2 ON! Apr 29, 2013 @ 7:32am 
Nice Idea :D
but I would change the model, if I were you...
|LP| Storm May 1, 2013 @ 9:54am 
Like! :D Very good idea :)
SnowYews May 2, 2013 @ 6:28pm 
Eh, not so sure about Mini-Crit rockets being spammed everywhere. I'm the kind of guy that gets Crocketed by every Soldier I come across, so I'm not exactly a fan of Crits/Mini-Crits. :p
Labraxadores May 3, 2013 @ 8:12am 
Originally posted by MC Ham-mer Yōto:
Eh, not so sure about Mini-Crit rockets being spammed everywhere. I'm the kind of guy that gets Crocketed by every Soldier I come across, so I'm not exactly a fan of Crits/Mini-Crits. :p

That won't be a problem if the Soldier himself is extremely vulnerable.

The playstyle would be those of a glass cannon: he hits hard, but you just need to hit it a few times, and it will break.
|LP| Coelhox★bonyz ツ May 4, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
Originally posted by Labraxadores:
Originally posted by MC Ham-mer Yōto:

That won't be a problem if the Soldier himself is extremely vulnerable.

The playstyle would be those of a glass cannon: he hits hard, but you just need to hit it a few times, and it will break.

Exactly. The damage during the mini-crits buff could be more than 10% and this way it's easier to kill the soldier.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2013 @ 1:25pm