Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
RnA Apr 25, 2013 @ 1:58am
What is the point of Greenlight?
Seriously, some games make it to Steam store without having to go through the Greenlight system. There's been a lot of games where indie developers got their games on Steam without having to fight for users' votes. For example, FEZ just skipped Greenlight and got their feet into the store (as well as other games).
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Gus the Crocodile Apr 25, 2013 @ 2:18am 
Really? What's the point of having a back door to your house when you also have a front door? Greenlight exists to create more opportunities to get games onto Steam; a way that's community-directed.
Tsundere Kanojo Apr 25, 2013 @ 2:34am 
What's the point of not having Greenlight then?
BDK Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:39am 
I haven't figured out the point of it either, nor will I as I don't use it. /shrug
tenderface Apr 25, 2013 @ 12:33pm 
Fez is a huge hit on XBLA (200k+ units sold) and is a legendary indie game. Those things will always skip.
Sgt.Psycho Apr 25, 2013 @ 12:49pm 
I hear you. I've noticed many many titles bypassing Greenlight and going directly to the store, which makes me wonder what we're doing there and if it really matters.

For even more irony, check out Valve's official position on accepting games to Steam
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2013 @ 1:58am