Age of Empires II: HD Edition
Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Wololo Apr 25, 2013 @ 4:05am
Forgotten empires
Last edited by Wololo; Apr 25, 2013 @ 4:09am
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
< >
Crapaud111 Apr 25, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
I second this motion
Sir Jasper Trund 5 Apr 25, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
Would be pretty awesome.
TheHoff  Apr 26, 2013 @ 9:47am 
Everybody post something to support this idea!

Go check the website, they already are considering adapting the mod to HD, once the game sets on a stable game version.

II didn't test it yet, but those new civs looks like a great addition: Italans, Indians, Slavs, Magyars and Incas
Last edited by TheHoff ; Apr 26, 2013 @ 9:48am
Schapie 6 Apr 26, 2013 @ 11:44am 
The only ones that actually got my attention are the indians and inca's the rest is just not worthy in my opinion besides i'd rather keep the game as it is since its really balanced :)
The Scholar Apr 26, 2013 @ 1:30pm 
we want it and the USERPATCH
War Machine Apr 26, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
We need this, and better AI
Wololo Apr 26, 2013 @ 2:57pm 
the mod also has great AI, rushes like human players
Thomas, B. Lumpkin Jr. May 5, 2013 @ 11:33pm 
That looks awesome!!
Len May 6, 2013 @ 5:23am 
This is sure to be on Steam soon enough. I believe I read that they wanted to put this mod on the steam workshop when AoE II HD was released. However, this might take some time.
Join me Link! May 6, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
So long as the Forgotten Empires themselves are at least partially open to modding, I'll be fine with this. Why the blazes don't the Italians get Heresy when they're supposed to be incorporating the Papal States?! I'd also rename them the Lombards since most European civs have Dark Ages names anyway.
Pesqueira 14 May 6, 2013 @ 9:12pm 
I think that byzantines and spanish sould have the same building set that italians. In Spain the houses don't have wood roofs, and the byzantines are greeks, not muslims.
Flame May 6, 2013 @ 11:07pm 
I'd love to have this!
Wonder if the creators will do it :)
Louder Than Boom May 7, 2013 @ 9:33am 
Would be great if this is going to be available on steam. I have never tried it, but i think it's awesome.
Dead_End May 7, 2013 @ 10:19am 
We'll see the file as soon as they find out a way to add civilisations to the game without modding the executable file. (Something which the community has been trying to for years.)
Cat-Poker May 7, 2013 @ 12:31pm 
Link to FE website with a post about porting FE to AoE2HD [www.forgottenempires.net]

Originally posted by Cysion:
Will Forgotten Empires be ported to AoE2HD?

We would love to! However, there are a few things to consider: AoE2HD is still in development, at the time of writing, patch 2.1 for AoE2HD has been released and they’re already working on 2.2. Of course you can only mod a finished game, otherwise you’ll run into trouble soon Other than that, it will just take a lot of time: quite a few changes came with AoE2HD. All for the better of course, but modding wise, there’s a lot of new challenges. 32-bit terrains and SLP-specific palettes come to mind (all for better graphical goodness!)

So yes, we’re looking into things, but it will take some time. But we all have a bit of patience on a 14 year old game I guess?
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50