Chemo 29. März 2013 um 6:44 Uhr
Understanding the Steam Workshop
Ever since the Skyrim Steam Workshop existed, there has always been people who don't know how the Steam Workshop works. So I decided to make this little guide for those who wanted to download weapons from the TF2 workshop and/or don't know what the "Subscribe" button is.

TF2/DOTA2 WORKSHOP: These workshops are where people can upload hats, weapons, etc that they modeled and upload them to the workshop to hopefully get them accepted for TF2 or Dota 2. These are the only workshops where people can make money. TO THOSE WHO WANT TO DOWNLOAD THESE ITEMS: You can't download these from the Steam Workshop. BUT sometimes the author of the item will put a download link in the description for a skin of the item. Though of-course you need to have some knowledge of how to install skins in-order to use them in-game, and i'm pretty sure that you can only download skins for TF2, though I know nothing about Dota 2.

THE WORKSHOPS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE: These workshops are where people can create and upload mods, custom levels and creations, etc to these workshops and share them with the community. TO THOSE WHO WANT TO DOWNLOAD THESE ITEMS: It's simple, just click the green "Subscribe" button and it will be automatically installed.

THE RATING SYSTEM: To those who wonder how an item gets 5 stars, it's based on how many thumbs up and thumbs down that the item got.

UPDATES: If an item you have has a newer version out, it will download automatically.

UNIQUE VISITORS: This is the number of people who have viewed an item. The reason why it's called "unique visitors" is because only one view from each individual Steam account is counted towards it.

If you already know how the Steam Workshop works, then spread this discussion around so everyone can hopefully understand how to use the Workshop.

I'll be editing this discussion with more Q&As if they are asked here.
Also, if I mis-answered a question, please let me know.

Special thanks to Alden for pinning this and for answering some questions.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Chemo; 26. Apr. 2013 um 13:25 Uhr
Beiträge 1 - 11 von 11
< >
Alden 1. Apr. 2013 um 14:11 Uhr 
Thanks for the write-up! I'll pin this in case others have the same questions.
Dysfunctional Erection 3. Apr. 2013 um 12:04 Uhr 
How does the rating system work? Can I not give something a 5 star rating, only a thumbs up?
Chemo 3. Apr. 2013 um 12:06 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von ÐjDragøn™ +SLi+:
How does the rating system work? Can I not give something a 5 star rating, only a thumbs up?

I assume that the ratings are based on how many thumbs up and thumbs down that the item got.
Dysfunctional Erection 3. Apr. 2013 um 13:51 Uhr 
alright, it's annoying that you can't give it a star rating
scottsingle 5. Apr. 2013 um 8:57 Uhr 
When you subscibe to a mod will it automatically update if a newer version is uploaded by the same contributor? (eg. SynergiesMOD for TL II)
Alden 5. Apr. 2013 um 9:55 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von scottsingle:
When you subscibe to a mod will it automatically update if a newer version is uploaded by the same contributor? (eg. SynergiesMOD for TL II)
Yep.
Klipies 6. Apr. 2013 um 10:07 Uhr 
yep
BeautifulBlanket 16. Apr. 2013 um 16:52 Uhr 
I am new and just signed up. Are Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 the only games where modders can make money from?
Chemo 16. Apr. 2013 um 17:07 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von jbo796:
I am new and just signed up. Are Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 the only games where modders can make money from?

Yep. They're the only two games where people can make money by uploading items to the workshop (and getting them accepted for game).
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Chemo; 16. Apr. 2013 um 17:24 Uhr
ghost toast 25. Apr. 2013 um 19:55 Uhr 
what are unique visitors?
Alden 26. Apr. 2013 um 12:55 Uhr 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von krazyyerttle++:
what are unique visitors?
Individual Steam accounts that have viewed your item. Each user is only counted once.
Beiträge 1 - 11 von 11
< >
Pro Seite: 15 30 50