Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
CyX SenZe Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:29am
CyX SenZe Sound Mod Requests
Would like to know what's not allowed for sound modding per copyright law. I'm thinking it's under the Fair Use Act since it's a parody using voicepacks of copyrighted movies etc. If someone can direct me to this info or if I'm free to do as I please. If so, let me introduce myself.

I go by CyX SenZe. Music Producer attending Full Sail University and would like to bring my skills to this community. Here's some of my music. Http://soundcloud.com/heelsoulmusic

Let me know if anyone would like anything in specific as a voicepack or instrumental. I'll be uploading Purely Original music that I have created but voicepacks, depending on my freedom, will be anything you'd like.

Thanks and please make any suggestions you can think of. I'll work on as many as I can.

~CyX SenZe
Last edited by CyX SenZe; Mar 16, 2013 @ 12:47pm
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Dok̨tor haus̨ 54 Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:56am 
As long as you own the copyright to your music, or have prior written permission to use it (and can prove it), that's fine. Copyrighted music in mods being defined as "fair use" is doubtful since it's not educational or critical and is not a direct parody of the music. Weird Al writing a spoof of "Ridin Dirty" is a fair use parody, someone using the original song in a mod is not.
CyX SenZe Mar 16, 2013 @ 11:51am 
Right wasn't talking about music. Music I make original only, I'll never upload someone else's work, I'm in school for Music Production and have been producing over 10 years. I'm talking about voice soundpacks like they have tourettes guy cookie monster beavis etc.
CyX SenZe Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:09pm 
For music, just list the genre of music and for which character. If you want certain instruments or elements, list those as well :) I'm pretty versatile in the different genres I can make so feel free and I'll do my best.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:29am