The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
jjb-54 1 Jan 4, 2013 @ 2:40pm
Black Screen of Death
Okay - I'm at my the end of "What to do."

I used a Proudspire Mod and inherited the "BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH", as I call it.

I had a prior MOD for PS and when I saw this new MOD - I went, "Hey I really like this!"

* So went into PS and got all my "spoils" out of the hoome.

* Saved game.

* Unload and Unsub'd from that MOD.

* Loaded and was able to go into the PS with no issues.
(Was back to original PS home package.)

* Walked out with all my spoils and re-saved the game.

* Loaded New Mod and was and still am not able to enter the home.

It loads - and when done, I have the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH - meaning I either have to REBOOT COMPUTER or if I'm luck - CTRL/DELETE and close TESV.

* Did a Game Integrity check and all was fine.

* So totally UN-INSTALLED Skyrim and reloaded.

* Still have the Black Sreen of Death.

Any other ideas ?
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:05pm 
Okay - I am asking again one final time - Proudspire Manor. I get the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH when I enter ... BUT - When I go to Re-Load - the Small Screen Picture that shows you where you saved? Well that shows a clear picture of inside the Proudspire. So I am IN and the computer is able to take a "snap shot" of showing the actual entry way detail. But when it loads: BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated. I've removed ALL mods just prior to this happened and all mods after it... Still the same: BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

Thanks ....
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2013 @ 2:40pm