The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ゲームのベストModを検索
お気に入りのMODを探してインストールすることが、これまでより簡単になりました。MOD製作者も、SteamにMODを直接アップロードするための合理化された機能を利用できます。利用方法については ここ をクリックしてください。
Mod Creators - Do some research.
I once a week go through the mods to see what is new and/or what I might of missed. I found A LOT and I do mean A LOT of mods that duplicate each other. Some to a lesser degree and some to a greater degree.

I understand you want to share your work - but if you say offer, 10 of X (spells - arrows - what ever) and that is all you offer. There are usually a few Mods that offer 20 of the same X, plus an enchantment and/or armour and/or ... so let's see. I have a mod that only offers 10 basic "X" and I have a mod that offers 20 of "X" and a little extra.

See?

I like mods and yes I have a couple of duplicates, because of just that. The one offered "Basic X" - then some creative "X" ... another similar mod offered Basic "X" and than a twist that was not in the other one that caught my attention.

Hope this helps.
< >
1-15 / 48 のコメントを表示
That is how modding works and it will never change.
Cyrax の投稿を引用:
That is how modding works and it will never change.

I understand - but hey I tried, right?

I just found one Mod thread - the creator was actually ANGRY because several people pointed this out. They did not do it w/a mean or negative attitude - they were actually rather good about it - trying to offer some constructive insight, especially since the author was upset that no one would THUMBS UP his Mod ...

It was very basic and actually duplicated on the lower end of quantity & creativity of 9 other MODS that offered more in quanitity and creativity.

Several posters actually offered some ideas and were willing to beta test to help him out.

Well he "lost it" and all but told us all where we could go. . o O ( sigh )

Oh well - even if 5 Mod creators read this and go, "Hey, good point!" Then this post has accomplished something! :)
Not to bothered about this but people who do "lore friendly" mods without doing the research do annoy me, I've seen Dwemer race mods that are smaller than the average human and have golden/bronze skin, the dwemer were in fact pale to light grey skinned and were the same size as the average human. As was shown in morrowind and is written in many different books and lore based scripts throughout the games.
Mulqueeny の投稿を引用:
Not to bothered about this but people who do "lore friendly" mods without doing the research do annoy me, I've seen Dwemer race mods that are smaller than the average human and have golden/bronze skin, the dwemer were in fact pale to light grey skinned and were the same size as the average human. As was shown in morrowind and is written in many different books and lore based scripts throughout the games.

I had to laugh - and I agree - they make them fit into several different 'lores' - from The Hobit to other stories that have nothing to do with Tameriel .... but hey .... now that this thread is started, like I said - if even 5 mod creators take attention to this - then the thread is a success!
Trust me, I also hate the fact that there are dozens of mods that do same thing, without any kind of uniqueness or variaty.
I, for one, would love if workshop had a "quality control".
Cyrax の投稿を引用:
Trust me, I also hate the fact that there are dozens of mods that do same thing, without any kind of uniqueness or variaty.
I, for one, would love if workshop had a "quality control".

Or at least a notice - IS THIS MOD DUPLICATING ANY EXISTING MODS? IF SO HAVE YOU OFFERED SOMETHING UNIQUE OR DIFFERENT? At least then if they choose to ignore it, they cannot b...tch about it not being rated or looked at.
I try to be as unique as I can, but I find it quite problematic to find mods that are in some way similar to an idea I have. There are over 12,500 mods for Skyrim in the Workshop and a lot of modders don't use the categories for what these are ment for. I recently checked all of the categories and found 15 mods that have all categories checked, even mods that offer only one single item!! Also, the search option doesn't always return what you want to find. So, you may think you are unique, but maybe you aren't!
Altbert の投稿を引用:
I try to be as unique as I can, but I find it quite problematic to find mods that are in some way similar to an idea I have. There are over 12,500 mods for Skyrim in the Workshop and a lot of modders don't use the categories for what these are ment for. I recently checked all of the categories and found 15 mods that have all categories checked, even mods that offer only one single item!! Also, the search option doesn't always return what you want to find. So, you may think you are unique, but maybe you aren't!

I'm aware of your frustration and now that you posted it here - maybe some will "take the hint"??

. o O ( we can always hope.... right?? )
While I'm not a fan of 1000 "uber sw0rd of pw4age!!1!" mods I would not call it a problem.

Say that we divide mods into two categories, mods created for learning and by playing around and mods created with a 'vision'. Nearly everybodys first mods are the same; over powered weapons, changes of followers & simple housing. These mods are created with the primary goal of learning how to mod. Limiting the release of these mods would hinder a lot of new modders.
Even though mods seems to do the same thing they are not identical, technical or game play wise. This is a good thing and allows mods to work better, if one mod fails maybe another one works, and the difference in balancing allows the mod type to work in more peoples game worlds.
J3X の投稿を引用:
While I'm not a fan of 1000 "uber sw0rd of pw4age!!1!" mods I would not call it a problem.

Say that we divide mods into two categories, mods created for learning and by playing around and mods created with a 'vision'. Nearly everybodys first mods are the same; over powered weapons, changes of followers & simple housing. These mods are created with the primary goal of learning how to mod. Limiting the release of these mods would hinder a lot of new modders.
Even though mods seems to do the same thing they are not identical, technical or game play wise. This is a good thing and allows mods to work better, if one mod fails maybe another one works, and the difference in balancing allows the mod type to work in more peoples game worlds.

I actually see this and it makes sense. Two categories would be good -

... I'm learning by copying "this" or "that" mod .... help me out.

That makes total sense .. a whole lot of sense. :)
While you might see them as duplicate, for the most part there is a slight difference between them, however as a modder, when I get an idea, I will look on both workshop and nexus to see if someone did it before me so I am not part of those duplicates.

If someone did it before me, I might as well use their mod if they work well, less work for me! And yeah, workshop seems to be full of similar things and I get how it can be annoying, it gives choices to the users which is a good thing but seeing 20x the same mod is definitely too much. If let say I do a mod and I later realize that someone did it before and did a way better job, I will be more than ok to remove my mod and use theirs but not all modders will react that way though.
Just found the same thing myself with my "Marry Serana?" mod. Another modder did a better job, so I will probably withdraw mine!
As for as I'm concerned this Thread has achieved it's goal! :)
people also build upon others and mabye one person did it better or worse it also gives you a choice.
texashokies の投稿を引用:
people also build upon others and mabye one person did it better or worse it also gives you a choice.

U know - I have seen this and the problem is - it would likely avoid a lot of CTD's and other errors if the person would say - I acknowledge my inspiration from "so-and-so" and user should be aware that this might not work w/ "X" mod, since that is where I got the idea.

This actually happened mid 2012 with a MOD that finally the creator admitted, yes - and when that was acknowledged - funny how the CTD's and such vanished, because the users knew they had to choose between "X' or "Z".

Personally I went back - because I thought it was crappy that the person did not make this known up front - when they knew dang well what was going on. (They since deleted their mod, because they got a lot of crap for this.)
< >
1-15 / 48 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2013年1月4日 8時31分
投稿数: 48