Steam Greenlight
What determines the price of the games submitted to greenlight?
What determines the price of the games submitted to greenlight?
Is it the developpers choice or does steam/valve have a say in this?
I'm interested in this because i want to finish my first game this year (i'm already coding in c++).
Also are there requirements for a game to be sold on steam other then it being upvoted.
For example:
Gameplay time would you guys accept a game that only has 2 hours of gameplay time wich wouldn't even be worth 1 euro for me at least.

AntiVi
< >
Сообщения 15 из 5
The developer decides. Valve may offer pricing advice but in the end, it's just advice.
If a game makes it through greenlight then the developers can set the price with consultation with Valve to find the best price for their product. There will be very few requirements by steam for the game if it is accepted - game length is not a good judge of how good a game is - 2 hours of awesomeness is better than being bored for 20 hours.
Depends on development time and cost involved in producing the game, as well as what the market price is for a games with similar amount/quality of content.
Also there's a $100 fee to submit to greenlight so it's not worth it if your game isn't of salable quality. And as the others have said the length isn't an issue, I completed 100% of McPixel in just under 3 hours and that got through the greenlight process just fine.
Отредактировано AusSkiller; 3 янв. 2013 г. в 17:59
< >
Сообщения 15 из 5
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 3 янв. 2013 г. в 15:55