Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Keostyriaru Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:02pm
I have two old small games I made
I have a couple of games I made from years ago using RPG Maker XP/VX, was wondering if it's worth putting them up on greenlight so other people could play it, opinions? Not looking to make any money off of them, just want to let people play it if they want to kinda thing
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:49pm 
Only if you have thick skin, bub. Folks always be hatin' on that RPGmaker style...
Keostyriaru Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:55pm 
Doesn't really bother me, I know my game was crap. I was 15-16 when I made them and had very little coding knowledge. They're unfinished since my external HDD broke with my backups at the same time that I was reformatting my computer lol. Only reason I ask is maybe a few people might think it's okay. I'm curious how the steam process works for downloading/installing titles, haven't been able to find any information regarding that.
AIMonster Dec 30, 2012 @ 4:26pm 
There are places to advertise your RPG Maker game and find an audience that might enjoy it. Steam Greenlight really shouldn't be used for advertising. I don't mean any offense by this, but it's a negative to the Greenlight community when people keep posting their amateurish (you yourself admit it is) games that clearly don't belong on Steam. It's flooding Greenlight with low quality games that makes it more difficult to indie developers that are making high quality titles to get Greenlit, because voters have to sort through several titles that don't belong on Steam before finding one of these on average. I realize you aren't trying to make a profit off of it, but it's still advertising.

I'm not bashing RPG Maker either. I'm sure there is room for a decent quality RPG Maker game out there from a serious indie developer. Remember, you may not be trying to make a profit off your game, but for a lot of these indie developers it's their livelihood.

I suppose we can't stop you though as long as you have $100 to burn, but my suggestion is don't do it because of the negative impact it has on Greenlight as a whole. I'd suggest getting your game out there on a site like http://rpgmaker.net/ and if it's popular enough there then consider bringing it to Steam Greenlight.
Keostyriaru Dec 30, 2012 @ 4:36pm 
Okay, thank you
☥Mamas Gun☥ Jan 21, 2013 @ 7:49am 
@AIMonster- I respect your post to a wonderful degree. Not only did you tell the OP what the problem was, you told him where he could take it. You, sir (or madam, but probably not), have reinstilled a little bit of faith in the online community in me. Lol!
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:02pm