Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[KotO] Kutai Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:42pm
Mortal Online/ Star Vault removed comments and fraudulent behaviour
Star Vault is trying to make this game out to be something it is not by censoring peoples posts and trying to get its small player base to lie about how good it is.

This game is full of dupes, corrupt GMs and extremely bad exploits. My advice, go play something else.

Here are a few youtube vids of the real MO.

They have been involved in several fraudulent activites including billing people several times for one account sub, allowing everyones credit card details and personal information to be gained by a random member because the lead GM Discord was friends with him and let him use his account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6icvivw6eyQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaXMDFksNa8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWDIFJPafU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9iJyzuOqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Q2BFCx5k0
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Freezer Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:53pm 
There is a currently a very corrupt and untrustworthy indie company from Sweden known as StarVault trying to get their game Mortal Online greenlight for Steam. I worked with the Moderation staff and have first hand experience and proof of the corrupt nature of this game and all its staff from the developers on down. I have tried to give an accurate representation and review of the game on their greenlight page and my comments are consistently removed by whoever is in control of the greenlight page. Steam should make sure and do a fair amount of research on this game company and game before becoming associated with them in any way.
RichiRamSwag (⌐■_■) Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:58pm 
Very corrupt, whether it was their refusal to release proper paid for discs during release or whether they were taking features out of the game only to hold the same feature hostage for a $2000 donation.
IndiVestor (Freedom) Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:10pm 
Can we get these posts deleted please. They just sound like little boys who asked GM to interveen and the GM did not take thier side.

All SV want to do is make a great game that we will all love. This corrupt ♥♥♥♥ posts need to go.

Grow up ans go outside unhealrhy little boys above.
[KotO] Kutai Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:14pm 
Originally posted by Freedom:
Can we get these posts deleted please. They just sound like little boys who asked GM to interveen and the GM did not take thier side.

All SV want to do is make a great game that we will all love. This corrupt ♥♥♥♥ posts need to go.

Grow up ans go outside unhealrhy little boys above.

I think you should allow people to have their own views. Just because everyone is not over the moon to see a game like this come into Green Light and give the whole system a bad name does not give your the right to go around acting all high and mighty.

Let people view the previous content, hear both sides, watch the you tube videos and then decide themselves.
Charcoal Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:50pm 
its a different to have a opinion and beeing a childish dutchbag and start a hate campaingn.
Last edited by Charcoal; Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:51pm
[KotO] Kutai Dec 18, 2012 @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by Charcoal:
its a different to have a opinion and beeing a childish dutchbag and start a hate campaingn.

I think SV did that all by themselves.
wilco64256 Dec 18, 2012 @ 2:21pm 
How many of these threads do you really need?
Thordred Dec 18, 2012 @ 3:13pm 
I could see discussion threads and comments dissappear before my eyes.

This game already had my vote, never heard of it before but it looks like I would like it, but now I can't vote for it. Deleting comments & discussions is a no go, please reconsider the way you communicate with potential customers.
Negative comments don't affect my vote but trying to silence critical voices does.
Thordred Dec 18, 2012 @ 4:00pm 
On a sidenote: It's possible to reply to dissatisfied players with a positive attitude.
Originally posted by player:
... Slightly disappointed in this game...I don't think I have enough interest in finishing. ...
Originally posted by dev:
Sorry you had such a disappointing experience with the game. We probably could have done a better job... ... I'd always urge people to finish the game, but if you're having such a bad experience, you're probably better off not throwing another few hours of your time at it. Life is too short for games that you're not enjoying!
Real example from a game hub on Steam. Why can't it always be this way? :P
wilco64256 Dec 18, 2012 @ 4:06pm 
I think there's a line between being a dissatisfied customer and outright flaming a developer. If people want to express that they had a bad experience with some company that's one thing, but I don't think there's much call for calling them a bunch of corrupt cheaters and then making multiple threads to try and get them downvoted.
RichiRamSwag (⌐■_■) Dec 18, 2012 @ 6:15pm 
Originally posted by POSwilco64256:
I think there's a line between being a dissatisfied customer and outright flaming a developer. If people want to express that they had a bad experience with some company that's one thing, but I don't think there's much call for calling them a bunch of corrupt cheaters and then making multiple threads to try and get them downvoted.

In all fairness, many of our original posts were quite tame and simple reviews. Once we started having comments deleted, we got alil harsher. It is even more annoying, because you don't get that type of quick response from their help team. He could sure sit there all day and delete comments tho.
wilco64256 Dec 18, 2012 @ 6:37pm 
So ignore him then. If it's that upsetting why would you put so much energy into letting it bother you so much? Move on with your life.
Last edited by wilco64256; Dec 18, 2012 @ 6:37pm
Darknuke Dec 18, 2012 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by POSwilco64256:
So ignore him then. If it's that upsetting why would you put so much energy into letting it bother you so much? Move on with your life.

Everyone needs #firstworldproblems lol
SapperDaddy21B Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:24pm 
TL;DR - If you hate a game, just leave. I left, and came back cuz I needed the break, I didn't go talking ♥♥♥♥ about the game, the devs, the GM's and all of them on other forums, pages, or go as far as making a FACEBOOK PAGE about it... Grow the f-ck up.

Now, today I got told by some KotO members that I was almost kicked out of their Teamspeak for interrupting Kuthara because I thought he was trying to mess with someone. Now understandably, it was a misconception on my part about what he was trying to do.

However, my self perceived "loyalty" to him and that group is just about finished. So now... I'll say my piece on the whole KotO topic.

They left the game because of what they consider to be GM corruption. That's fine. That's their choice. They then proceeded to garner and spread so much dislike and hatred towards the game amongst their own ranks. Rilman, and Kuthara being the top proponents of it.

They then started to push away players WITHIN KotO who still played MO, just under a different tag, or a different group.

This helped me make that decision to NOT play primarily with KotO when DF:UW came out. For the simple fact that Kuthara.... isn't quite the role model that I thought him to be at the time.

With respect for some people still within the guild, I'll not say what my personal thoughts on him are, but it was a huge letdown to be the main person in the guild talking ♥♥♥♥ to our opponents, believing myself to be doing the right thing protecting my guild leader, and my guild; and then to be abandoned when the keep went down because of not having the gall to fight through the self perceived corruption, regain forces, and continue fighting.

Not only that, but him getting all of KotO (+-20 something guys on TeamSpeak) to camp the Desura thread regarding Mortal Online, in order to collectively down vote the positive (kinda fanboy-ish) "10" ratings simply to get the overall number of the game down.
Also, you've got a member that actually went through the trouble of making a FACEBOOK PAGE about the company.
Then you have Gisborne/Genadi contacting his bank to report Star Vault as a fraudulent company.
Smough contacting all of KotO to tell them to file a ticket with STEAM to report Star Vault as a fraudulent company that scams customers.
And then Kuthara then telling EVERYONE to spam the STEAM "greenlight" post because they all dislike the game.
Not only that, but he then takes the liberty of sending the link to the DF forums, telling everyone: "MO is in direct competition with DF. Downvote it, so it doesn't get greenlit, so that we can have all of their population."
You've got Smough who used to be a GM abusing his powers so that he could do things (for himself, not the guild) that he wasn't supposed to, and then HE starts complaining against corrupt GM's in his posts... You know, after he got BANNED for it..
To be honest, if you hate a game and don't like it's Developers, then LEAVE. That's what I did with TERA. I hated En Masse's handling of TERA, so I left, didn't try to take people with me, didn't spam their forums talking ♥♥♥♥.

Didn't look back.

I stopped playing games with KotO members because I just kept feeling hostility and tension from them. I tried to come back today to talk to them, and kept feeling the hatred for that game, and wondered why in the F-CK I was trying to even be cool with people who can just turn on you and become vicious dogs about something as trivial as a game.

I d/c'ed from their TeamSpeak, deleted the bookmark, and I'll never look back.

This game is far from perfect. The GM's are SOMETIMES at the point where you begin to wonder if they're corrupt or not, and the Lead GM ♥♥♥♥es people off to no end.

But if you don't like it, then just open the door and take that DF plunge, nothing is stopping you. But to have such a childish look on a game you used to love, but no don't want to play anymore...

It's not rediculous.

It's not stupid.

It's not ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

It's ♥♥♥♥ing pathetic.

I'm not an MO fanboy. I gave this game a 4 rating on Desura and listed the reasons WHY in a mature manner, without the need to reach for reasons.

Leave the damn game, and let the newcomers make and formulate their own decision about the game. To linger around and TRY (and by all means, you're simply trying, because Star Vault cares less about your ♥♥♥♥ either way) to cause issues is just ♥♥♥♥ing rediculous.

Bet your sweet ♥♥♥, that WHEN I'm ready to actually LEAVE the game, and not take another "break" from frustration, I'll actually leave. And won't act like a former girlfriend that got dumped after I stuck it in the wrong hole.

Thanks for reading.
Skoardy Dec 19, 2012 @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by Mingus:
There is a currently a very corrupt and untrustworthy indie company from Sweden known as StarVault trying to get their game Mortal Online greenlight for Steam. I worked with the Moderation staff and have first hand experience and proof of the corrupt nature of this game and all its staff from the developers on down.
If you honestly have 'proof of corruption', take it to Valve directly. They're the people in a position to deal with this situation.

Creating threads to rant and bad-mouth projects isn't going to achieve anything except reflect poorly on you.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:42pm