Steam Greenlight
Pierce Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:11pm
Game Concept (Not Started, Just Concept) ~THE WAR OF GENERALS~
Welcome to The War of Generals!

You are a General in the "The War", the war believed to be an end to humanity. You beg to differ, you use this as an advantage to evolve humanity and crush your enemies, The Urng, with the help of your allies! The Hjul have joined the fight with their massive armies to assist you in hopes to peacefully co-occupy Earth!

Concept:

A "First Person/RTS" standpoint game.

When the games starts, your in the "Soldier View", meaning you are in a first person perspective of your character, "General Pierce"

You can navigate your way to the "Drone Command View", meaning you are looking at a birds eye view of the battlefield.

In Soldier view, you can control your soldiers, but mainly this view is for the purpose of firing countless round of led/lasers at your enemies heads.

In Drone Command view, you are at the standard RTS birds eye view of the battlefield. In this view, your character can wirelessly send commands more fluidly to your soldiers. This is the view that you will be using when not in battle.

Imagine, building a Military Center, engineers, rising your barracks, factories, even labs! Researching better equiptment using the resource that the invaders have come to take; Energum (en-air-jum). This substance has been discovered to make high capacity energy cells. These cells aren't electricity, but a form of plasma, that can be used in many ways. Build your army to defend, or attack Energum supplies. Raising yoru army and commanding them to attack has never been more awesome!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
jeslyck Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:35pm 
yea yea bravo now go away this is not the right place
wilco64256 Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:38pm 
Originally posted by jeslyck:

Actually, yes it is.
jeslyck Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:48pm 
Originally posted by POSwilco64256:
Originally posted by jeslyck:

Actually, yes it is.

We all have ideas for new games but if you can not realize them-on-one cares
wilco64256 Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:56pm 
It doesn't really matter whether the idea can be realized or not. Greenlight is a place to post and discuss games at all stages of development.
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 17, 2012 @ 4:15pm 
Should this be posted in the discussion tab or in the concept tab on Greenlight??
I assumed that the right place for a concept was in the concept tab?

PS. I'm interested in seeing concept art for the "hjul"... are they circular? I'm only asking because it means "wheel" in Swedish. :p
Also when i saw "energum" I was really hoping it was some scifi chewing gum :( :p
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Dec 17, 2012 @ 4:19pm
Pierce Dec 17, 2012 @ 5:57pm 
@Gorlum, Completely unintentional :L. The reason they arent in concept is because I havent produced the slightest bit of th egame, just a few sketches...

As they said above, Especially I never follow through, but this one I must!
Pierce Dec 17, 2012 @ 6:33pm 
I will post 2 concepts tomorow! Stay tuned!
(Note: Im not a great artist, I can't do it all! :P )
Pierce Dec 17, 2012 @ 6:34pm 
Tommorows Concepts:

Hjul Gruntling

Urng Soldier (Head Shot)
Skoardy Dec 17, 2012 @ 7:43pm 
Originally posted by KN1F3~PierceGov~KN1F3:
he reason they arent in concept is because I havent produced the slightest bit of th egame, just a few sketches...
Well, it's not stopped anyone else. Even people with less...
big cock Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:13pm 
not bad
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 17, 2012 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
he reason they arent in concept is because I havent produced the slightest bit of th egame, just a few sketches...
Well, it's not stopped anyone else. Even people with less...
What Skoardy said :)

PS. why does nearly everyone do that to my nick? :(
Pierce Dec 18, 2012 @ 2:11pm 
Sorry about that, I was typing to fast, Im gonna try to post them now!
Pierce Dec 18, 2012 @ 2:23pm 
Well, I cant do that, any ideas? (PS. I used your advice on the circular thing, their arms are all spherical seperated things!)
Pierce Dec 18, 2012 @ 2:24pm 
And also, anyone with coding, texturing, anything! I could use some help, I am good with concepts, and advice, and with Paint.Net and a bit of Photoshop, but basically nothing else!

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
jeslyck Dec 18, 2012 @ 2:44pm 
And also, anyone with coding, texturing, anything! I could use some help, I am good with concepts, and advice, and with Paint.Net and a bit of Photoshop, but basically nothing else!

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Ya it's where ideas are to become concepts, but it requires knowledge. And if you do not have the knoweleges to do so, then it only becomes an idea and we all 7 billions has ideas.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 17, 2012 @ 3:11pm