Steam Greenlight
Never buy a greenlight game w/o a demo
I'd recommend that no one buy a Greenlight game, or any other for that matter, that doesn't provide a demo. You never know how these Greenlight games will turn out. I'm not willing to spend any more money to see if a game is playable; it's simply an asinine business model. Caveat Emptor!!!
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 11 sur 11
And what exactly makes Greenlight games that much different from other games? Why should they be forced to have demos when the majority of all games on the market don't?
J3X 15 déc. 2012 à 4h00 
Should apply to AAA titles to. What is your point?
Be smart and wait for some proper test and players' feedback. Metacritics provide all of these.
sneaker2002 a écrit :
it's simply an asinine business model.
Greenlight or the games industry in general because there's no difference in what you're presented with. No, scratch that - most Greenlight indie games don't have a triple 'A's million dollar+ marketing budget behind it attempting to convince you to look past any potential flaws and snap up a pre-order right away.

'Do your homework!' should be applied to any purchase, it's just (and I get shouted at for using this phrase) basic common sense.
Also, you might want to test-drive a car, or look around a house, or...
Just sayin'
Dernière modification de C0untzer0; 15 déc. 2012 à 8h54
While I can agree that demos are nice, and if a game has one I'll typically play it before buying, but I don't think poorly of anyone who doesn't have one.
POSwilco64256 a écrit :
While I can agree that demos are nice, and if a game has one I'll typically play it before buying, but I don't think poorly of anyone who doesn't have one.
But I bet it would be fair to say that you do probably buy a higher percentage of games you've tried, and certainly regret them less.
Nope. I've bought far more demo-less games than ones with demos.
POSwilco64256 a écrit :
Nope. I've bought far more demo-less games than ones with demos.
is this because there are more games without demo in general or because demos show the games to be less interesting than you assumed?

To be fair you would have to consider it in % form of the number of games you are interested in (assuming that "interested in" includes titles without demos that you still don't buy for reasons other than economical)
Firask 15 déc. 2012 à 16h07 
idk, personally all the games I've boughten have had a demo, or I was in the beta, but I usually research every game I am interested in before I buy it, so if you bought a greenlit game and hated it, all I can say is you shoulda taken a closer look before that purchase. (Took me 1 year of studying and trying to understand the game before I finally bought Starcraft 2)
wuddih 15 déc. 2012 à 17h58 
If you have concerns about buying a game and there is no demo, just be patient if youre is no ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ gameplay video on youtube. There are also ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ many reviewers, who do all the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for you and you don't even need a demo.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 11 sur 11
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 14 déc. 2012 à 20h30