Steam Greenlight
How are you voting for Greenlight titles?
Personally I give them thumbs up if I wish them success and thumbs down if I really dislike the title. I mostly ignore the vote if I'm not interested in either way.

And just because I thumb it up doesn't mean I would ever buy it ... especially if I don't know the price beforehand. :)

< >
49 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
I vote for games that I think I'd buy if they came out
I kinda, y'know, answer the question asked.
I vote for my 50 favorite Greenlight titles. When a new game is submitted that I like more than Nr. 50, #50 loses my vote and the new game takes a place among my favorites. Greenlit games are removed from the top-list to make room for games that can still be voted.
I use the "No thanks" button to clear my queue so it's always empty.
İlk olarak C0untzer0 tarafından gönderildi:
I kinda, y'know, answer the question asked.
This.
aroddo every pity upvote you give to games you will not be buying makes it harder for the games you really like to be greenlit.

every downvote you give doesn't do smack. it removes the item from your que, but it doesn't give them negative points or counter someone elses upvote.

you have completley misunderstood the system good sir.
thordred that is impressive comittment to the system. I doubt I'd be able to keep that up for very long if i tried :p But it wouuld probably be for the best if everyone did something like that.
İlk olarak GorlomSwe tarafından gönderildi:
thordred that is impressive comittment to the system. I doubt I'd be able to keep that up for very long if i tried :p But it wouuld probably be for the best if everyone did something like that.

It's fairly easy, I use a collection to maintain the list. Collections actually because I have them sorted by genre. :D
Doesn't take much time, most of the time I just click the "no thanks" button anyway to keep the queue empty. Most games are incredibly bad, sometimes I'm under the impression the quality of games considerably decreased since the early 90s. But only when I'm browsing through Greenlight submissions. :D
I guess I'm a little odd in that I've actually bought quite a few games I have no intention of ever playing, (and wouldn't recommend), just to support promising devs. I greenlight the same way.
En son C0untzer0 tarafından düzenlendi; 11 Ara 2012 @ 11:01
If the cover looks fairly uninteresting, I just click the 0:15 mark on the trailer. If there's a guy mumbling in the background, the trailer is still building up with BIG OVERDRAMATIC WORDS, I see a bunch of pretty landscapes and null gameplay, it is a genre I'm not a fan of, it's lazy pixel art or, if extremely unlucky, see a sketch, I click the 'no' button ASAP and get the hell out.

If not, I'll just watch the trailer and then vote based on that and the images. And if I'd pay money for it of course, which isn't always the case. I think I vote for only 1 out of every 50 games, but those are quality games I'd really like to buy and play.
At first I only queued genres I like, but managed to vote on all the Greenlight games so I added the rest to my queue, despite downvoitng most of them.

I only votes on games I have the possibility to buy (however I do vote on some that are only remote possibilities). It needs a gameplay video and the game needs to be shown in a state close to release (or at least an Alpha stage ready for testing) with complete gameplay mechanics shown. If the game has a demo available that's even better. Indie developers should take note not to release games on Greenlight in pre-Alpha stage. This isn't Kickstarter.

Typically only vote on games with some type of unique interesting concept or gameplay; however I still have to want to buy it. Just because a game has a very interesting concept and looks well polished doesn't mean I'll vote on it if it's just not something that will appeal to me, because I take the question quite literally. There are a few games though I would recommend that I didn't vote for to others who might like that particular genre/style of game.
Anything other that a fairly honest answer of the question posed (fairly - since they're not going to be holding you at gun-point until you buy it. Situations change, after all), skews the data Valve receives from Greenlight and renders it unreliable. You might feel good giving out 'pity votes' but you're not really helping.
"At any time for any price" is a bit too inclusive, so I just ask myself "would I buy this for 3 bucks?" and vote according to the answer.
It it makes me smile, it gets a thumb up. Anything else gets a thumbs down. It's not infallible, but it works.
İlk olarak Maurog tarafından gönderildi:
"At any time for any price" is a bit too inclusive, so I just ask myself "would I buy this for 3 bucks?" and vote according to the answer.

This in a nutshell for the majority hahaha. Though I've upvoted far too many, but it doesn't matter, if it drops below the 5$ mark, it's as good as mines.
Any random attribute would 'work' but that's not the question you're being asked and it's not the data that Valve are looking for to base their decisions on.

No wonder people moan about the games being Greenlit...
< >
49 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 11 Ara 2012 @ 2:59
İleti: 49