The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Jaqen h'Ghar Dec 10, 2012 @ 4:34pm
Become Jarl of (insert city name here)
Alright so i been looking around the workshop and i noticed there isn't any mod available or in progress of becoming a reality to be a Jarl of a brand new city. Why is that, don't we all want something like that? Ok i saw one post related to something simular but to me it looked like a brutal hack'n'slash crap and nothing really Skyrim-like to it involving various quests into achieving taking over a city plus its creator had it removed (if i read right) I have some ideas on how to set this up but lack ALOT of experience in modding (pretty much none). Isn't there something we can do to set up a team of experienced modders and beginners to achieve this goal? :D
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
ProfGrizzlyJon Dec 24, 2012 @ 6:59pm 
Funny- a friend and I were just discussing this. We are building a mod that rebuilds Helgen in a manner similar to rebuilding the Ratway Cisten for the Thieves Guild. One of the key factors involves racially motivated functions (ie, if my PC is an Orc, I want to create an Orc stronghold instead of yet another cookie-cutter Nord settlement). The radiant quests would be the reciprocal of the normal Jarl quests: ie, a courier would chase you down with a message that "there is an item at court that needs your attention" and the villagers would petition you to stop the bandits, kill the giants, etc that were raiding their homes/caravans/farms.
firetigeris Dec 25, 2012 @ 4:53pm 
Sounds great- I'd love that- a cat city for me, and orc stronghold for you.
Jaqen h'Ghar Jan 6, 2013 @ 10:51am 
i like the idea of it being character based. my idea was more that you find a hunter somewhere in the existing part of skyrim....f.e the one near riverwood. he'll begin to tell you that his city was overrun by an army (yet to decide wether it be bandits or something else). you have the option to assists this hunter, he in turn sends letters to the few remaining scattered survivors to join the army....also all your followers which you have made during the main skyrim quests becoming your soldiers for said quest....once you defeated and taken over the city the hunter asks you if you would like to lead his people after all you've done for them. if you accept you have to spend gold to rebuild said city and attract merchants to set up shop....collect taxes, appoint steward of the hold (could be a follower or one of the old towns folks), followers could come up and ask you to become your sword and shield and if you have already chosen, they could ask if they're permitted to purchase a house within your city
Jaqen h'Ghar Jan 6, 2013 @ 10:53am 
after this is done (if you haven't chosen a side yet in the main war) you have the option to talk to your people wether to side up with one of them or to become your own faction.....decide the latter...and the jarls will send you a letter asking if you'd accept a temporary agreement to help in their cause...then you can decide to take on both...or help the one only to take them down after goal is completed.........anyways its just an idea :P
DoctorBear Jan 7, 2013 @ 3:14am 
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2012 @ 4:34pm