Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Klicker Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:32pm
Reminder to Greenlight Games developers: Create a page for your game in the wiki
To give more exposure for your game and so that gamers can learn more about it, it is important to create a page for it in the video games wiki, Orcz:

http://orcz.com

See sample wiki page for another indie game, called "Farm Feud", that's nominated in Greenlight:

http://orcz.com/Farm_Feud
Last edited by Klicker; Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:32pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
wilco64256 Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:09pm 
And why exactly is it important for developers to post their game on that site? Do you have any evidence that doing so has any effect on overall exposure, voting, top 100 positioning, etc.?
Skoardy Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:19pm 
Has the site only been running for four days? It doesn't list any changes/additions from before then.
Last edited by Skoardy; Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:19pm
Klicker Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:22pm 
@Wilco: to give more exposure to the game

@Skoardy: am guessing it is because you were looking at the edit history of a specific game?
Last edited by Klicker; Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:23pm
wilco64256 Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:25pm 
Originally posted by chronodev:
@Wilco: to give more exposure to the game

@Skoardy: am guessing it is because you were looking at the edit history of a specific game?

How much more exposure? How many daily unique visits does the site have? How about specific entries? How many new unique visitors does Farm Feud get on a daily basis?
Erinduck Dec 10, 2012 @ 4:18pm 
Yeah, I don't get my game news from a wiki. Why would I put my game on one when there are more effective methods? This seems like you're trying to generate exposure for this site rather than help games.
Skoardy Dec 10, 2012 @ 4:46pm 
Ah, it doesn't let me view further back than that. My mistake.

Have to admit though, this is the first time I've heard of the site. Plus, putting "Video Game Wiki" in as a phrase (not single words) in Google doesn't list any reference of Orcz on the first page (100 results). First reference is on page 4 and that's still not the site itself.
Klicker Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:01pm 
@Skoardy: Well its on the first page of google for "video games wiki" right after the wikipedia entries, and its first for the game i gave as an example, and for many more, so it certainly adds exposure, but anyway no point in arguing this, hope more publishers will take advantage and add their game

Happy gaming to all!

Hmmm also for some reason the community is appearing in german for me? did I click on something accidentally or is it a bug?
Last edited by Klicker; Dec 11, 2012 @ 2:35am
C0untzer0 Dec 11, 2012 @ 2:06am 
@chrono, it's not.
You may be convinced by the magic of "search bubbling", but that would be a mistake.
Oakreef Dec 11, 2012 @ 8:47am 
Originally posted by chronodev:
@Skoardy: Well its on the first page of google for "video games wiki" right after the wikipedia entries, and its first for the game i gave as an example, and for many more, so it certainly adds exposure, but anyway no point in arguing this, hope more publishers will take advantage and add their game
Doesn't appear on the first page of Google results for me. Google results are catered to the user[dontbubble.us]. It only shows up for you because Google knows you like that site.
Last edited by Oakreef; Dec 11, 2012 @ 8:47am
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:32pm