Steam Greenlight
Why do games stay on Greenlight forever unless they take it down?
Can please someone explain this too me? because why not taking it down after a setted time? if all those rejected games stay online all the time, isn't it then a problem that people must browse all the old rejected games that are left and never taken offline, then once find a good game in like maybe 1 out of 30 games? It gets annoying -_-
Offcourse I appricate the creators his time, But my concern is more that eventually the whole catalogue will be full of This games that are mostly already rejected by the community.
En son Logbia tarafından düzenlendi; 9 Ara 2012 @ 10:50
< >
19 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Steam should have at least hiden all the submissions that were done prior to the $100 fee and this until they pay the fee. It would surely have reduced the numbers.
Times and opinions can change and mass appeal too. Maybe some developers notice how to make their projects better or they would have to take them down themselves. Just don't take it personal, after all there is always some human being behind it that has put some effort into creating something he/she thought was worth their time.
İlk olarak Pnume tarafından gönderildi:
Steam should have at least hiden all the submissions that were done prior to the $100 fee and this until they pay the fee. It would surely have reduced the numbers.

I didn't pay ... wuhahah, come bite me!
Offcourse I appriate the creators his time, But my concern is more that eventually the whole catalogue will be full of This games that are mostly already rejected by the community.
The system is only 3 months old but you're right but how would you practically do it? they have paid money for a spot so who decides. But sometime in the future they should probably put a time limit on it but now it is too early.

En son jeslyck tarafından düzenlendi; 9 Ara 2012 @ 10:27
Filter by date/popularity?
En son James tarafından düzenlendi; 9 Ara 2012 @ 10:36
@ c023-DeV

Would you have made your submission if you have had to pay the fee?
@ c023-DeV

Would you have made your submission if you have had to pay the fee?

I honestly don't know. But I would guess no... because at the moment I am fighting my electricity bill and my girlfreind would have kicked my *** if I would spend a hundred bucks on a "maybe"

[edit] I am thankful for the open opinion I get here - from end users... so I can't say... but paying to get an opinion seems wrong somehow, but that gets into another topic, sorry
En son James tarafından düzenlendi; 9 Ara 2012 @ 10:43
If I had put my heart (and probably 1 or 2 year of my life) into a project I would have paid the fee no question even it would have mean eating rice and pasta for the next 3 month.

I'm not judging but if you don't believe in your own work so that you could be stopped by a fairly reasonable fee why the gamers should?
There are many other ways to get popular other than steam. And Greenlight offers the opportunity to show your work in progress. I would have payed when my game is finished I guess but not for work in progress.

I am currently sort of letting the steam community be part of my progress of evolving. and I think I should get paid for that, hehehe.
"My life, your entertainment" ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/828924672575624042/?appid=765#c828924672576652876

The Concept section of Greenlight is more appropriate for your needs. You get one shot to be greenlit, I mean the amount of time in which you are under the sport light is not very long in here. You should not screw it up with a partially finished project.

I don't know if there is a fee for the concept section though.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/828924672575624042/?appid=765#c828924672576652876

The Concept section of Greenlight is more appropriate for your needs. You get one shot to be greenlit, I mean the amount of time in which you are under the sport light is not very long in here. You should not screw it up with a partially finished project.

I don't know if there is a fee for the concept section though.
There is not. And as such you still see trolls on there sometimes, causing low viewer turnouts.
There are likely better places to post, if you ask me.
The Concept section of Greenlight is more appropriate for your needs.
The concepts section did not exist when c023-DeV submitted his game to greenlight, and if he was to switch and use the concepts section now he'd lose all the votes he already has.
Hey, I aint in a concept phase anyhow, my game if full up and playable. I am having fun with it and currently only filling up the eye and ear candy. (and going to make some boombastic trailers to show it)

And I would be quite sad if Steam would take my submission down although I am working on making it even more awesome and still planing on marketing it. (to get back to the topic ;)
En son James tarafından düzenlendi; 9 Ara 2012 @ 11:58
< >
19 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 9 Ara 2012 @ 9:47
İleti: 19