Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Läs mer
Mapper collaboration (maps need hammerizing!) or Hammer on mac?
I am a mac user and as such can't esily use hammer to take my maps from bog standard peti maps to full blown alt story, fully themed, original music (my own music) etc. Any pc hammer users interested in helping a fellow map designer out in taking this collection to new heights? (It's my first collection i've uploaded the maps for playtesting, until either i can find someone to help out or manage to get my rebuild my old (and rather broken) pc.) Failing that i may have to get windows installed via boot camp and try running hammer that way (anyone got any experience running hammer on a mac (boot camp, vmware, wineskin etc) Cheers!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109433938
Senast ändrad av Jethro Q.Walrustitty; 7 dec, 2012 @ 20:38
< >
Visar 1-7 av 7 kommentarer
"Hammerizing" a map isn't easy. It actually is very hard, just like anything on Hammer is.
Granted, having a puzzle concept already made helps, but some people would rather make their own and get full credit as they did all the hard wok.
I'm not interested but you should probably clerify two things:
1. What custom music would this be? Is it already made?
2. How would you split the credt? Would you both be listed as co-authors?
Yeah the music is already made. can be formatted to whatever is best. I have been producing electronica for around 10 years now and have an extensive catalogue of audio for use in sucha project. the main musi i wanted to use would be an hour or so long track specifically written to be an atmospheric soundscape with out driffting to far from a soundtrack feel. (link is here - Ethereal by Toxic Dwarf [soundcloud.com] ) I just wanted to theme it, really, make it look nicer than the standard peti style, ( iwas thinking some kind of factory/industrial setting) The credit would be split depending on how involved it got. Maybe me as map concept/puzzle designer & musical arrangement, co-author as map artistic designer/ producer and map construction. All depends how involved anyone would want to get. I assumed porting a map from peti would be a simple affair, swapping out textures, lighting etc, from the steam file. Not sur, i have only ever used unity in the most basic of ways. Iedally i'd like to do the work myself but do not know enough about using hammer on a mac, this is something i am looking into.
Anyone got ideas/experience about running hammer on mac?
tanger2b 45 8 dec, 2012 @ 6:24 
Impossible
i heard it would run via boot camp, and also have read good things about wineskin wrappers. But you say it's impossible yes? Come on Valve the mac gamer market is growing and only gonna get bigger!
Ursprungligen skrivet av RNDS Jethro Q. Walrustitty:
i heard it would run via boot camp, and also have read good things about wineskin wrappers. But you say it's impossible yes? Come on Valve the mac gamer market is growing and only gonna get bigger!
The main problem, I think, is that this isn't just a game. It's a tool. A tool, that is used on PCs.
I imagine it would take a lot of code adjustment to make it work on PC.

But then again, there are a lot of games that aren't on MAC, so it's hardly unusual that this one isn't.
I understand this isn't a game, i've got unity game engine and that was pretty intense to learn ( i still only learnt basics) and i assume hammer is even more so, but it is used on PCs for the software (Windows) surely rather than hardware, so if thats the case would it not run fine on a boot camp windows partition on a mac?
< >
Visar 1-7 av 7 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 6 dec, 2012 @ 1:08