Steam Greenlight
slender overload
why sre there so many slender games on steam,i mean it was cool for the first while but now its too common.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 50 σχόλια
Because people don't understand copyright laws and have trouble coming up with new ideas.
Already seen another Slender project where the devs have said they'll "deal with the copyright issue later". Seems like this is turning into the go-to plan for devs with lazy/unimaginative horror games - ride the Slender bandwagon duping the fans to get the votes then bin that mess once you're Greenlit.
it so unoriginal now and its the same find objects AND DIE! how about......you ARE SLENDERMAN see! that only took me 1 second to think up,Devolpers,get original!
I was going to tell the other guy this, but his thread got locked and...you know none of the Slenderman games got greenlit, right? What are we complaining about?
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Clay Raptor:
it so unoriginal now and its the same find objects AND DIE! how about......you ARE SLENDERMAN see! that only took me 1 second to think up,Devolpers,get original!

That doesn't fix anything. They'd still want you to collect papers and die.

They just need a better damn monster who can do more then stand behind you. Don't use Slendy, standing is all that guy can do unless you make him break character. Plus we already have 2 other horror creatures that do the 'don't blink' business much better.

They just need a better damn monster who can do more then stand behind you. Don't use Slendy, standing is all that guy can do unless you make him break character. Plus we already have 2 other horror creatures that do the 'don't blink' business much better.

you SCP containment breach'es SCP 173 and whats the other one,but i dont mind slenderman games that are original but the collect notes and get killed is getting old.
I may not be 100% right about this(never watched Dr. Who) but I think the Weeping Angel from that series does the same thing as SCP 173, except better 'cuz they never stop chasing you.

Come to think of it, why did nobody make a horror game starring that thing? I know there's copyright reasons, but a stone angel is probably not copyrighted. You could rename it to Whining Angel.
The thing is: I used to like Slenderman.

Marble Hornets was cool, and would keep me up all night, paranoid and afraid.

Then Slender came and ruined EVERYTHING. It turned a monster who played mind games with its victims, usually to the point of them killing themselves, into a lame jump scare, and the mentality that all he does is stand around.

What these games need to do is make up their own monster. They can do what Slender did, but stop tarnishing the name of Slenderman
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από PurpleMoustache:
What these games need to do is make up their own monster. They can do what Slender did, but stop tarnishing the name of Slenderman
They all will do, eventually. They'll be forced to - but in the meantime, they're just intentionally/unintentionally conning fans into voting for a project that will never see the light of day in it's promised form.
Mostly they're exposing themselves to lawsuits by linking to an extant game using somebody else's work. Considering that Surge's option holder already has his lawyers looking at the one game that actually had his permission, it's a small step to looking at all the others which had been below the radar.
I totally agree with you Clay, i don't get it, why is the slender man so "hype" over the internet? I'm tired of seeing this everywhere. Because of this overload, i doubt i can be scared by a slender man game...
I can't possibly take these games serious. If they have the skills to develop a game, why do you shamelessly copy a game concept? Well, it's not even the game concept itself.. It's even the same figure and the same name. Don't these people have any personality their own? I really hope they get sued.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Bouncer Alpha:

For one, he doesn't do the 'dont blink' thing. For two, he does a lot more than stand there. Do your damn research.

Slender Man can turn people into 'proxies' that do his work by extension, commonly wearing masks.

Slender Man can make you black out, break your mind, hurt your soul.

Slender Man can burn down buildings, teleport, teleport other people.

If you really think all he can do is stand there, you clearly know NOTHING about him.

That said, Slender, the (sadly) most popular SM mythos work does have him mainly stand there, just pulling out his tentacles near the end. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ do I hate Slender, for ruining the mythos forever.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Arale//Zero; 4 Δεκ 2012, 20:27
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από PurpleMoustache:
The thing is: I used to like Slenderman.

Marble Hornets was cool, and would keep me up all night, paranoid and afraid.

Then Slender came and ruined EVERYTHING. It turned a monster who played mind games with its victims, usually to the point of them killing themselves, into a lame jump scare, and the mentality that all he does is stand around.

Uwah, I agree! It totally ruined the mythos and makes me horribly embarrassed to say that I like SM stuff... (although you do realize Slender Man has a space in it in the original works, right?)
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από ghastlyMeme//Roxy Lalonde:
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Bouncer Alpha:

For one, he doesn't do the 'dont blink' thing. For two, he does a lot more than stand there. Do your damn research.

Slender Man can turn people into 'proxies' that do his work by extension, commonly wearing masks.

Slender Man can make you black out, break your mind, hurt your soul.

Slender Man can burn down buildings, teleport, teleport other people.

If you really think all he can do is stand there, you clearly know NOTHING about him.

That said, Slender, the (sadly) most popular SM mythos work does have him mainly stand there, just pulling out his tentacles near the end. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ do I hate Slender, for ruining the mythos forever.

well thanks not exactly th point,i KNOW h can do stuff like that its just that devolpers never show him doing it,all im saying is if your making MORE slenderman games make them orignial like the intruder for example,you hae to get ready before he comes and you might have a chance
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-15 από 50 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 2 Δεκ 2012, 2:43
Αναρτήσεις: 50