Steam Greenlight
Ideas for Greenlight
Hi all,

1. Be nice to change your mind - upvoted some I'm thinking no to now.
2. Some I would buy - but only if they were $2 or something like that.
3. Be nice to have a 'Later' button - so many of these are alpha, it's hard to make a decision.

List your ideas below.

Thanks
:o)
< >
Näytetään 1-12 / 12 kommentista
1. you can.
2. pricing is decided when they get greenlit, you are not obliged to buy every game you vote for, and let's face it, there are sales.
3. this one keeps on coming up, so far nothing has come of it.
C0untzer0 lähetti viestin:
3. this one keeps on coming up, so far nothing has come of it.
is unnecessary because
C0untzer0 lähetti viestin:
1. you can.
More than enough buttons on each Greenlight page already.
yeah but #2 makes a marked difference in what i would and would not green light.

and im not asking for a $ amount set in stone but perhaps a degree of disclosuer on my part so that steam can fully utilize my vote in their descion.
deathnor lähetti viestin:
yeah but #2 makes a marked difference in what i would and would not green light.

and im not asking for a $ amount set in stone but perhaps a degree of disclosuer on my part so that steam can fully utilize my vote in their descion.
So we'd see a glut of devs claiming low-ball amounts to get people's votes and then 're-assessing' that stance if they get on Steam to some higher figure?
Something I'd like is a exclude feature when making queues. If I want to check out specific genre like RPG, it is kinda annoying having to go through games that lists as multiple genres. So as I choose which genres I'd like to view, there should be a second list for games that will be excluded from my queue.

I do not think it fair to down vote strategy games, just because I detest the genre.
Darken lähetti viestin:
Something I'd like is a exclude feature when making queues. If I want to check out specific genre like RPG, it is kinda annoying having to go through games that lists as multiple genres. So as I choose which genres I'd like to view, there should be a second list for games that will be excluded from my queue.

I do not think it fair to down vote strategy games, just because I detest the genre.

Downvoting them doesn't hurt them in any way, so downvote away.
Really? Well feeling silly now, really didnt want to be a jerk when voting, so that is a relief :)
Still a exclude genres would be nice :D
Darken lähetti viestin:
Really? Well feeling silly now, really didnt want to be a jerk when voting, so that is a relief :)
Still a exclude genres would be nice :D

It's sort of backwards possible to do that, just check all the genres you DO want to see in your queue.
Given how devs all seem to have differing definitions of what constitutes any particular genre, excluding one because you don't like it (going on your definition of that genre) would probably end up hiding a whole slew of games you might actually enjoy.
Skoardy lähetti viestin:
Given how devs all seem to have differing definitions of what constitutes any particular genre, excluding one because you don't like it (going on your definition of that genre) would probably end up hiding a whole slew of games you might actually enjoy.
Everybody has different ideas about Genre. Remember the discussion thread on "You call this a RPG?"?
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Asking to exclude a genre because you've a strict policy against what you define as so-and-so isn't going to stand up well against Greenlight, full as it is of Devs with a 1001 different theories of what is and isn't part of that very same genre. It sounds like a good idea to exclude genres but in reality, it wouldn't be all that useful and in fact, almost counter-productive.
In general I can't be arsed with FPS, but y'know what, I really enjoyed Home Front. Possibly the best thing I played for 6 months, partly because it surprised me so much that I was enjoying some FPS.
< >
Näytetään 1-12 / 12 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 1.12.2012 klo 6.07