Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Big Yehudah Oct 28, 2013 @ 10:03am
Idea: Reskinning factions for more theme-correctness
I am wondering how difficult it would be to reskin each faction to make them appear more (somewhat) more historical. European factions for the most part wouldn't need a whole lot of this. But Saracens, China, etc, should look different. Example, I'd give China long coats of lammelar, Saracens Lammelar Corselets and Assyrian caps, or turbans. Saracens in he imperial age would have either the famous Disk plate or plates of steel on the chest, with mail shirt and leg guards. well I'm open to any ideas. Not necessarily strictly accurate, but it gets the theme of the civilization better.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Ozhara Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:25pm 
For now each unit has one graphic.

An the game does use a unit for all civs or one civ, like special units.

So the only way for now (don't know if FE changes this but hope so^^), would be to create a clone unit for every civ, and give it it's own graphic. I actually tried this months ago.

But beside this beeing a change in game mechanic - sync errors in mp if not all players use it, the ai scripts do point to unit ids directly, so you would have to redo every script so ai can use the new units.
Big Yehudah Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:54pm 
oh man all of my ideas get dashed against the rocks >_>
Ozhara Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
like mine when I tried... :(

I already had half of it done when I read about the ai script thing...
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50