Age of Empires II (2013)
Перейдіть в епоху Steam
Досліджуйте нові мапи, багатокористувацькі сценарії та користувацькі кампанії. Або освіжіть ваш ігровий досвід новими звуками, графічними вдосконаленнями, ШІ, бойовими одиницями та іншим! Готові поділитися створеним зі всіма? Завантажуйте творіння з редактора мап або співпрацюйте з друзями, аби створити неперевершені колекції.
Want to change buildings
I'm pretty new to modding and would like to change some of the building for a mod I am working on. I want to change the way a few buildings look with the ultimate goal of changing what they produce/what role they serve. I'm looking for some guides or advices but really ny help would be appreciated.
< >
Показані коментарі 12 із 2
Changing the buildings visuals is 'easy'.

You need a tool like turtle pack to open the file 'graphics.drs' in your game\data folder.
That file contains a lot of graphic archives in slp format (container for bmp images).

After extracting them you can open the slp files with turtle pack too.

Extract the bmps and change them in any way you like.

After that - convert them back to AoEs color palette using turtle pack again and replace the old graphics. -> For AoE uses fix colors for player color, each pixel that is supposed to change it's color ingame, has to have the EXACT color after converting back! You can check it with changing that color right in turtle pack, if it doesn't change, it has the wrong color value.

For publishing the mod, you should publish just the changed slp as seperate files instead of change the whole graphics.drs. To do that, just put the slps in your game\data\slp folder.
AoE uses these files over the ones in the graphics.drs.

But to work, you have to rename the slps. When extracting them, they are named like their id, but for AoE beeing able to recognize a seperate slp, you have to name it with it's real name.

That one you can get by searching the empires2_x1_p1.dat in your game\data folder with a tool like advanced genie editor, or by asking someone else that knows it.

All building values are also stored in that dat file and can be changed with genie editor. But keep in mind all changes to the dat file will be recognized as changes to the game mechanic. So you can only play with others in mp that have the same mod active.
Автор останньої редакції: Ozhara; 23 жовт. 2013 о 23:58
Thank you so much! This is perfect
< >
Показані коментарі 12 із 2
На сторінку: 1530 50

Опубліковано: 23 жовт. 2013 о 22:56
Дописів: 2