Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
[OSS] Big Yehudah Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:55am
How difficult is it to make a new faction?
I extensively familiar with modding as a whole. I did do some modding work on Rome TW 1 way back in 2011 but it was so complicated I ended up not completing it. If I wanted to make a new faction, only using the assets already in the game, would it be difficult to do?
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
[OSS] Big Yehudah Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:56am 
I would probably want to reskin buildings and units but I don't know how to do that either.
Ozhara 184 Oct 23, 2013 @ 9:38am 
Reskinning is no problem.

But new civs were only able in the classic AoE 2 by using the UserPatch. So the only chance would be to wait for FE, hopping they adapted this part as well, for FE uses the UserPatch (but they never said a word about that), or find a way to port the UserPatch directly. But as that would mean changes to game mechanic (I'm pretty sure it does^^), you would get sync errors in mp if not all players would use it (what indeed would be a good choice for it fixes a lot of things^^).
zrut Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:35pm 
You sould try to contact one of the original Age of Forgotten Empires team (look it up online, ageofforgottenempires.net). As far as I know, they have the only mod adding new civs without having to delete/corrupt a previously existing one.
Ozhara 184 Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
That's for they also use the UserPatch that provides a possibility to organize civs in a xml file, so you don't have to touch the original files.
[OSS] Big Yehudah Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:57pm 
so there is no way to do this?
Ozhara 184 Oct 23, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
Without just replacing a civ - not without the Userpatch.
So - not for now. Hopefully The Forgotten adapts this feature as well fur HD...
Master Exploder 2 Oct 24, 2013 @ 6:35am 
The lack of mention of the UP team and the fact UP is working closely with voobly at the moment seems to suggest they have been spurned by the FE team. This is a total guess.
[OSS] Big Yehudah Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:14am 
What?
Ozhara 184 Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:28am 
He says for the team behind the UserPatch is working on patching the classic AoE2 for voobly,he suggests the FE team didn't want to work with them on The Forgotten or the UserPatch team refused to do so, and therefore they will implement their own solution or no solution for additional civs beside their own ones.

But as he says, it's just a suggestion, no ones knows...
[OSS] Big Yehudah Oct 24, 2013 @ 9:28am 
ah... I reallllly want them to make this work.
Cysion 1 Oct 25, 2013 @ 10:43am 
UP and FE team are good buddies, just want to kick that rumour out :P

As for UP features coming to FE: I surely want them in, but not all of them will be in (especially not upon release)
Master Exploder 2 Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
Originally posted by Cysion:
UP and FE team are good buddies, just want to kick that rumour out :P

As for UP features coming to FE: I surely want them in, but not all of them will be in (especially not upon release)

Will the patrolling change be in? I'd actually be happy if that wasn't in lol.

One thing you guys need to break your backs doing is introducing a true spectator mode. As far as I can see you still need a streamer in the game for twitch integration. The voobly spectator mode is really impressive. Surely with access to more resources it can be done here?
[OSS] Big Yehudah Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:23pm 
Yes a spectator mode would be very wonderfu. I still don't understand why anyone would make any kind of strategy game without one. =/
Cysion 1 Oct 27, 2013 @ 7:28am 
@Master Exploder: the patrol change won't be in, there will be a separate attack move instead. Spectator mode is coming with AoF!
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50