Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam?
Läs mer
Taberone 21 okt, 2013 @ 18:18
Workshop addons keep redownloading. All of them.
For some reason, all the maps I have in the workshop(that I subscribed to) keep redownloading as if they are getting updated. I find it hard to believe a map is getting upated 24/7 and it redownloads the entire thing.The maps download first, then whatever skins I have. The problem is starting L4D2, and then waiting for all the maps to redownload all over again just to play with weapon skins or survivor skins, or the improved bots addon. Anyone have a solution?
< >
Visar 1-2 av 2 kommentarer
AlwaysToast 33 22 okt, 2013 @ 12:17 
This fix assumes your using a PC, I don’t know if the file path is different for Macs.

Subscribe to mod(s). Let it download. Start up L4D2 to make sure it’s actually completely downloaded and available. Then move all your files down one level from:
/Steam/SteamApps/common/Left 4 Dead 2/Left4Dead2/addons/workshop
To
/Steam/SteamApps/common/left 4 dead 2/left4dead2/addons/

Then unsubscribe from the item (so it doesn’t keep downloading). They are now on your machine, where the Workshop can’t mess with them.

You’ll have to repeat process for items whenever they are updated, if like for Maps, you need to have a matching version with someone else.

Or complain bitterly to Valve until they fix how the Workshop works.
Taberone 22 okt, 2013 @ 19:52 
Complaining won't work, due to valve time.
< >
Visar 1-2 av 2 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 21 okt, 2013 @ 18:18