View the 2012 entries
You can watch the submissions below. Voting ended on Nov. 27 at 12:00am GMT and the winners were revealed on Nov. 30th on www.teamfortress.com.
For complete contest details click here.
Iceey Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:33pm
Questions from a Newcomer
So I literary found out what Saxxy Awards are like 4 hours ago.

I was just wondering a few things:

- It says that you can't use any other models than from the Valve games.. I'm obviously not going to use Master Chief or Deadpool, but can you use stuff like props and weapons, like the sniper rifle from Halo, or the bear from Skyrim, or a map from Resident Evil? Is it strictly Valve stuff?

- I'm hearing some stuff that TF2 stuff is more considered than others.. Is that true?

- How does the qualification system work? Do people vote or does some particular group of people choose what will be nominated? (If it's the peoples choice, can't that just be exploited like hell?)

There are probably more good questions, but I can't really think of any right now, but I would still appreciate for someone to answer to these 3.
Last edited by Iceey; Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:34pm
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Jimo Oct 17, 2013 @ 8:59am 
- Anything found to be infringing on a non-Valve IP will be disqualified. If you've made your own props you can use them, but using props from other games such as Skyrim or Halo will have your entry disqualified. If you don't own the rights, don't use them.

From the FAQ:

If you use any non-Valve IP, you must be the copyright owner or have explicit permission from the owner and include a URL to the included work or creator's online presence in the description of your entry. This includes music, character likeness, etc. Any submissions found to be infringing non-Valve IP will be disqualified.

- No, it's not true.

- The community votes for the nominees of each category, Valve decides the winner.

I hope that helps.
Last edited by Jimo; Oct 17, 2013 @ 8:59am
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50