Arma 3

Discover the best community content
Get the most out of your game with Steam Workshop. Find and install player-created scenarios, or create your own and upload it directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
JimmyBlonde Oct 13, 2013 @ 7:19pm
Why the constant updates?
I'm subscribed to a handful of Arma3 missions and the client is constantly downloading 80+ Mb files on a near daily basis.

Why am I having to constantly download updates when the missions I have subscribed to aren't changed? I just want the missions, not wasted bandwidth.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
William Oct 14, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
lol
The Zodah 13 Oct 15, 2013 @ 3:42am 
Ok, As a mission developer myself. I see no problem with this. However I shall explain why, The developers of the missions are updating thier mission. Once you make a mission, there is bound to be something not working perfect, so you upload the mission. you figure out how to do it. and then you update the workshop version. This then makes your client download this update. At the moment its not meaning much as the game re-downloads it anyway, But in the future it will mean something for Offline Workshop gameplay... Hope this help, if there is any further questions ask away!
JimmyBlonde Oct 15, 2013 @ 5:39am 
So why am I having to download files when no missions are being updated?

I've checked the changelogs and update release dates for my missions and they do not correspond to the downloads that Steam workshop is automatically downloading. What am I actually downloading? It certainly is not updates to my subscribed missions because they are not that large and they are not being updated by their authors as frequently as I am being forced to download these weird updates.
The Zodah 13 Oct 15, 2013 @ 2:32pm 
Mmm I get that, I don't always put in a change note when I update my Armories or other things. Mainly because I have only removed a bug, but if there is something significant I will. It could be the Steam Integration updating. I am not sure. I get it, just seemingly not as bad as you. I'll be interested to find out!
SilentSniper 2 Oct 15, 2013 @ 6:02pm 
Turn off dev branch?...
The Zodah 13 Oct 15, 2013 @ 10:35pm 
Thats ArmA3 updating, not Arma 3 Workshop...
SilentSniper 2 Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
If ArmA 3 itself is updating then yes, turn off dev branch. Workshop has nothing to do with dev branch.
DjDarthyGamer [NP] Oct 16, 2013 @ 3:06pm 
the steam client nor work very good i guess, not every times but from 1 or 2 maximum 3 days a random game ask download, but is updated, this problems will fix by time :)
JimmyBlonde Oct 17, 2013 @ 4:47am 
No, I'm able to recognise the difference between dev updates and Steam Workshop updates being that they are entirely different things. As DjDarthy says, it's a client issue.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50