Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Cody May 22, 2013 @ 7:31pm
Quick question about Shadow of the Eternals
I don't know if this is old news or not, but I saw on a website that Precursor put the game up on Steam Greenlight and I cant find it. Has it been removed?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Sgt.Psycho May 22, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
I followed this just recently. It appears to have been removed:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145693858
shockwavelover May 23, 2013 @ 1:20am 
It was in Concepts last I saw.

EDIT: Yep, found it in there. I'm guessing that with funding hopes dimming, they shifted it over.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=146636877&searchtext=

Probably also wanted to avoid the downvoting/negativity ♥♥♥♥♥torm that would have resulted due to Dyack's involvement. Shift that out of the more frequented section until it dies down.
Last edited by shockwavelover; May 23, 2013 @ 1:29am
Cody May 23, 2013 @ 1:29am 
I seriously doubt that there kickstarter will hit its goal. I was browsing NeoGaf and it seems people got it taken off of the main Green Light page and put under concepts after a handful of them lodged complaints that the game should not be green lit because technically there is no game yet.
shockwavelover May 23, 2013 @ 1:31am 
Heh, if every game that didn't exist was taken off Greenlight, we wouldn't have any left. :P

Can't say I've followed this 'saga' beyond a vague knowledge of its existence, but I wager the devs are regretting having bought Dyack on board.
Cody May 23, 2013 @ 1:37am 
No doubt about it, its amazing how hiring one man completely nose dived their operation. Then again, its completely understandable, especially after he nose dived his old operation and got taken to the cleaners, literally, by Epic Mega Games
shockwavelover May 23, 2013 @ 2:00am 
Yeah, it's something to behold. Lots of vitriol on both sides, and plenty of brainless pledging of allegiances to one side or the other. Can't say I really see the point, but then again, being a PC guy I never played the original Eternal Darkness.
C0untzer0 May 23, 2013 @ 8:45am 
Can I say this:
I literally have ABSOLUTELY NO FRICKIN' IDEA what NEOGAF is. but I'm already ♥♥♥♥ed off with it due to my being unable to look at a GL submission without them trying to make up my mind for me...
Last edited by C0untzer0; May 23, 2013 @ 8:46am
wilco64256 May 23, 2013 @ 8:58am 
Doesn't look to me like it's in Concepts.
orb May 23, 2013 @ 9:37am 
Originally posted by Cody:
Has it been removed?
The game page Sgt.Psycho posted loads fine for me. It was probably only hidden for a moment.
Gorlom[Swe] May 23, 2013 @ 9:45am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Can I say this:
I literally have ABSOLUTELY NO FRICKIN' IDEA what NEOGAF is. but I'm already ♥♥♥♥ed off with it due to my being unable to look at a GL submission without them trying to make up my mind for me...
NeoGAF is a pretty big gamers forum. I think you can see it as a rival to Steams forums (possibly slightly bigger... or smaller. I'm not sure. Nor do I have any clue about how the community is like)

All I know for sure is that a lot of backers for the big video game projects on kickstarter (at it's peak) came through NeoGAF. They we like in the top 5 or 6 of the list tracking wher people came from.
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
What exactly is a "quick question"?
You dont want a wall of text rant for an answer? just a "yes" or "no" ?`:p
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; May 23, 2013 @ 9:51am
Cody May 23, 2013 @ 8:57pm 
Been watching the Kick Track on this game throughout the day and I can't for the life of me seeing this meet its goal.
Gorlom[Swe] May 23, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
Been watching the Kick Track on this game throughout the day and I can't for the life of me seeing this meet its goal.
1 day of looking at projected/expected donations seems to be a bit little. Maybe they willl pull off some publicity stunt and get a bit more backers?
Sgt.Psycho May 23, 2013 @ 10:54pm 
Originally posted by orb:
Has it been removed?
The game page Sgt.Psycho posted loads fine for me. It was probably only hidden for a moment.

I retrieved the page directly from my Followed list and it returned "Sorry, I can't do that Dave." (paraphrased) and I copied it so you could have the same experience.

Ironically enough, it is now restored, so my link above works again 'like magic'
Gorlom[Swe] May 24, 2013 @ 2:53am 
A suggestion on the STC group was to post and then delete the post. You'd get credit ofr having a post but wouldn't clutter the forum.
But I think it is unlikely that most badgehunters will think of that.
C0untzer0 May 24, 2013 @ 4:29am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
A suggestion on the STC group was to post and then delete the post. You'd get credit ofr having a post but wouldn't clutter the forum.
But I think it is unlikely that most badgehunters will think of that.
I think that they're trying to kill off Greenlight by making it unuseable.
First they decided to leave the concept section completely unmoderated so that nobody would go there, now they're getting people to destroy the forum.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 22, 2013 @ 7:31pm