The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
psicon 1 May 20, 2013 @ 5:13am
Question about taking my mod off WS
I've recently decided to pull my mod from the Workshop, and I had a quick question before I do this. Will everyone who's currently subscribed to it still be able to use it after it's gone? It'll still be in their data folder, correct?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Cyrax 4 May 21, 2013 @ 6:52am 
They will still have it in their data folders, but it will be deactivated as soon as the launcher comes around to update it.
psicon 1 May 21, 2013 @ 7:12pm 
Thank you, Cyrax!
Roscaria May 22, 2013 @ 12:15am 
Does this mean they will lose content depending on the mod?
Last edited by Roscaria; May 22, 2013 @ 1:17pm
Cyrax 4 May 22, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
Originally posted by Roscaria:
Does this mean they will lose content depending on the mod?

If they do not reactivate the file: yes.
Roscaria May 22, 2013 @ 10:42pm 
If a mod is still ticked in the load order data file but they have unsubscribed from the mod, wouldn't the content remain just not be removed/updated even if the mod was pulled from the workshop ? I do not have @piscon mod but am concerned about this issue.
Roscaria May 23, 2013 @ 3:49am 
Originally posted by dandfla:
What is this a witch hunt?
No, it;s a learning curve.
SpaceCodet May 25, 2013 @ 12:33am 
As far as I can tell mods are subject to the agreement everyone must accect when installing Skyrim. The mods are a form of shareware under thoose terms. The modder is is saying I made this mod for use in the community only. I'm responcible for it so I can be sued or jailed if I added bugs, worms and so on to cause mischeif.
As long as people don't break the terms they should still be able to use the subscribed mod even if you remove it. I they remove it from their load list it's gone.
Roscaria May 26, 2013 @ 1:21am 
Thank you.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 5:13am