The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
-Energy Addict- May 19, 2013 @ 12:15pm
Mod Idea - Thoughts on Publishing
Evening!
I'm a relatively new (but decent) modder for Skyrim. I'm more of a 'Hey, I like this... I'll mod it into my game.' but lately I got my spark to really publish one for others, and support it completely. However, I do not fully know if such a thing would have already been done. (No 3rd party mod posts, strictly off Steam Workshop right now) that has done this idea-- Overhaul on the 'hunting' aspect of the game. Rewards players for hunting, and processing leathers into armor (sets).

- Includes selling price of the hides, and other drops from animals.
- Selling price(s) are increased the further they are refined.
- Armor selling price (per set) is increased for turning leather into armor (sets).

... Rough idea for you. Hide -> Leather (x.80 increase) -> Armor (SET) (x.80 increase)
(.80% Increase is based on gold selling price)

I might include harvesting flora, and whatnot as well. I plan on making it balanced, however a source of income worthy of attention so Smithing, and Hunting are viable 'professions' for people who love that sort of deal. Smithing (end result of hunting) will be extremely profitable.

- Includes overhaul on cooking so food is actually useful, and not a waste of time.
- Weights of harvested hides, etc. are changed.
- Smithing change may result in ore price change (to keep the leather balanced in comparison)
- Alchemy is a nightmare; I don't want to tinker with it, but I'll do so if needed.

Please tell me what you think! If you know this mod has been done elsewhere please inform me, and I'll abstain from doing it, as I'd just keep it for myself. (Work in progress currently) I'd just hate having to support a mod thats already been made 100x better by someone else out there I didn't know about :P

Tweaks, thoughts, ideas... Toss 'em at me!
First time using the Workshop Forums by the way, so if this post is wrong, just.. I don't know... Yell, or Caps me to death. xD

Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Adura 1 May 19, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
Just a warnin', there's quite a lot of overhauls done to smithing and hunting. Many of these include price changes to lots of parts of the game.

You could probably do a google search for 'sykrim hunting overhaul mods' and find them all.

Check them out, and see if your idea is different enough to merit creation ^_^

Gl :D
Last edited by Adura; May 19, 2013 @ 1:39pm
-Energy Addict- May 19, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
Thanks for the heads up! This is why I took the time to ask. :P Knowledge is power, eh? (No, I'm not Canadian) xD
xXstiggyXx May 25, 2013 @ 10:50am 
can someone make a mod with a husky dog (puppy) as a companion and every time it kills it grows bigger and stronger ?
-Energy Addict- May 25, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
This was a thread by myself to ask for opinions on a mod I was thinking of publishing/polishing for others that was origionally for my own personal use. Please post in the proper channels; this is not one of them.
xXstiggyXx May 25, 2013 @ 4:29pm 
am new to this so i dont know were to go ...
-Energy Addict- May 26, 2013 @ 5:35am 
Discussions > Create New Thread
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 19, 2013 @ 12:15pm