Steam Greenlight
Where do you go when looking for new games to Greenlight?
Hey all, we've been on Greenlight since day one, with Race The Sun:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92973632&searchtext=

Lately, we're not seeing a ton of traffic coming from within Steam.

So I'd love to ask: Where do you like to go for recommendations on games to Greenlight? Are there particular YouTubers, websites, or Reddit channels?

We're just trying to do our best to get the word out, and would love some feedback on how to do that!
Oh and if you'd like to toss us an upvote, that'd be awesome too :)
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 20
orb 18/mai./2013 às 17:57 
I don't watch any particular YouTubers, nor read Reddit. I usually only go to the "Most Recent" list and to "Items to Revisit Later" here on Greenlight (or sometimes I also visit Greenlight LITE site if I want to see a list of games in plain text), and eventually with some filters applied to the list, I browse them from the last page to the first (when custom filters are applied, or when it's the "Items to Revisit Later" list). If I don't apply any filters, I check if there is something new in the first 30 games on "Most Recent" list.
Gorlom[Swe] 18/mai./2013 às 18:21 
Escrito originalmente por orb:
I don't watch any particular YouTubers, nor read Reddit. I usually only go to the "Most Recent" list and to "Items to Revisit Later" here on Greenlight (or sometimes I also visit Greenlight LITE site if I want to see a list of games in plain text), and eventually with some filters applied to the list, I browse them from the last page to the first (when custom filters are applied, or when it's the "Items to Revisit Later" list). If I don't apply any filters, I check if there is something new in the first 30 games on "Most Recent" list.
Given that OP has been on greenlight from the start I'm assuming they have exhausted the regular greenlight crowd that votes for every game and needs some votes transfused from outside sources. (which would be unlikely to read the forum and tell where they are comming from?)
I'm not sure your explanation of how you are using greenlight (I'm using it in very much the same way) is of any real help to him/them. They are looking for places to advertise or generate attention for their game.

I think the NeoGAF forums is rather large and if something picks up there it has good chances to succeed. I know they were showing up as big traffic sources for kickstarter projects and such that did well. Though I suspect it will be hard to market yourself there unless you frequent the forums already.
orb 18/mai./2013 às 18:27 
Escrito originalmente por GorlomSwe:
I'm not sure your explanation of how you are using greenlight (I'm using it in very much the same way) is of any real help to him/them. They are looking for places to advertise or generate attention for their game.
Well, I answered to the question "Where do you go when looking for new games to Greenlight?" as this is the topic. If that wasn't the answer OP expected, the question should have been asked differently. :P
mAle 18/mai./2013 às 18:45 
Thanks guys, this is helpful. We're not really too familiar with NeoGaf, maybe we can get someone who's more regular there to help us out...
Gorlom[Swe] 18/mai./2013 às 22:43 
You can also release the game on desura or try to get it to be part of humble bundle. (release it through any other venue really)

maybe you can release it free on torrent like war thunder did? :p
Gavrily4 19/mai./2013 às 2:27 
People are listening, make it good!
ShockwaveLover 19/mai./2013 às 5:47 
Seeing a recommendation from Rock Paper Shotgun, Destructoid or TotalBiscuit will usually pique my interest when I see a game on Greenlight, however outside of the context of Greenlight I don't go out of my way to search for new games - I've got enough to play as it is, and they tend to find their way to me through the sites and channels I watch.

Edit: What I think the OP is actually asking is: "How do you hear about new, cool and interesting games?"

Rather than: "Where do you hear about games on Greenlight?" which, given the audience likely to be reading this thread and responding, is bound to be answered with "By seeing them in the queue. Duh."

They're looking for places to possibly send their game and try to drum up some outside support. And good on them.

Edit Edit: Other places to try would be Jesse Cox (OMFGcata) and the Yogscast. They're both quite friendly to indie titles, and Jesse actually does a video series called 'The Greenlight', looking at games like yours. Sending these people review code might be a good idea.
Última edição por ShockwaveLover; 19/mai./2013 às 5:55
C0untzer0 19/mai./2013 às 8:19 
When looking for new Greenlight games, I go to Greenlight.
really, if you've been there since day 1 and your traffic is dead, it's because we've all seen it and voted on it by now, sorry.
shockwavelover: Thanks, you're the second person to recommend Jesse Cox - and we hadn't heard of Yogscast before. We'll reach out!

Really appreciate this feedback all.
Technique 19/mai./2013 às 13:32 
I usually check out with rooster teeth and totalbiscuit and of course check out /r/steam on reddit for greenlight
Uzzbuzz 19/mai./2013 às 20:59 
I just hear about it from different game creators, like Epic Battle Fantasy 4 was brought up on several sites I look at like Kongregate
ShockwaveLover 20/mai./2013 às 4:40 
Escrito originalmente por aaronflippo(Flippfly):
shockwavelover: Thanks, you're the second person to recommend Jesse Cox - and we hadn't heard of Yogscast before. We'll reach out!

Really appreciate this feedback all.

No problem. Always happy to give advice to a developer who isn't complaining about interest from the Greenlight community dropping off, and is instead working to gain some traction outside. Best of luck to you, and I hope to see Race The Sun succeed.
Última edição por ShockwaveLover; 20/mai./2013 às 4:40
Giek 20/mai./2013 às 5:35 
lol
Yeah part of what we're discovering - for a lot of users, the game just isn't in their queue anymore. To be honest, the game wasn't quite ready when we put it up at the beginning, and a lot of users voted "no" right off the bat (and we can't blame them.)

So the falloff in interest from Steam users directly is kinda natural, and we're just doing our best to get the word out however we can!
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 20
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 18/mai./2013 às 17:27