Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Mr. Blonde May 9, 2013 @ 1:07pm
Realistic FPS
Are there any Greenlight games (or even already released 'normal' games) that have a more realistic approach to FPS?

As an example, you play your basic FPS (COD, BF, etc), you shoot a guy in the leg, he goes "Ow" and nothing else. Fire a few more times in his leg and he will eventually just drop dead.

Im looking for a sort of game where if you clip someone in the leg or stomach, they fall down, grab their wounds, and stay down. A slower paced "relaxed" FPS if such a thing existed, seems like a good idea.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
tenderface May 9, 2013 @ 1:50pm 
ARMA
superfacebook1990 May 9, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
Hola
Sgt.Psycho May 9, 2013 @ 10:19pm 
Not to my knowledge, you'd have to go out of Greenlight for that one afaik.

Take a look at http://steamcommunity.com/app/223510
...a Greenlight success.

While not a shooter as such, it takes a very realistic approach, all too real for many people.
Cobalt270 May 10, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
Takedown seems to be what you are looking for but it does not seem to be on greenlight but they did a kickstarter a few months ago and they plan to release the game in June I think. From the FAQ you can read:

HOW MUCH REALISM WILL BE IN THIS GAME?
Realism will be the basis for the gameplay features, balanced with fun. Weapons handling and character damage will be based on realism. No regenerating health, see around corner cover systems, or magically resurrected team members.

http://takedownthegame.com/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355932838/crowdsourced-hardcore-tactical-shooter
Mr. Blonde May 10, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
ARMA definetly has that realism but definetly is the sort of game you dont play for quick 30 min spurts when you have some free time.

Takedown looks interesting, in the same vein as the latest XCOM, which I loved.

My issue; If I were to encounter an enemy, and shoot him in the stomach once or twice, I would like to see them crawling around bleeding out instead of 'instant death'. Its just jarring if I fire 4-5 shots into a guys leg while hes in cover, and instead of them going 'ow' and falling to the ground in pain, they just drop dead. Takes you out of the game. The only "real" rule shooters seem to follow is the 1-shot to the head = instant kill.

I do recall in Soldiers of Fortune, some guys coule be wounded and drop their weapons and would surrender with their arms in the air. This was a random thing and the game still had plenty of the regualr FPS tripes but thats the best example I can think of at the moment

moejoedame Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:31pm 
I really want to see Takedown greenlit. I can't wait to se what that game brings to the table.
[ SoloQ VRAUM ] Maicon Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
Yeah, ARMA is really realistic FPS...
But a I'm searching for a Greenlight realistic fps game too.
Last edited by [ SoloQ VRAUM ] Maicon; Jul 7, 2013 @ 5:46pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 9, 2013 @ 1:07pm