Steam Greenlight
Valve is actually releasing Greenlight games slower... but why?
The new method of Greenlighting games Valve has chosen to pick up is... Greenlighting less of them, but telling everyone that it's quicker?

4 games every week = 16 games by the end of the month. Keep in mind that this isn't even accurate; it's been over a week since the last batch of games. And one of those four was a program, which you can choose to count or not at your own discretion.

The Greenlight set before this one had 18 games Greenlit, and those happened monthly or quicker. What's going on here?
< >
Сообщения 115 из 23
Автор сообщения: Flotilla
and those happened monthly or quicker. What's going on here?

No they didn't. It was normally around 6 weeks between batches.
Six weeks could be less than a month where this guy comes from. Perhaps he's not occupying the same refereencial space as us...
Отредактировано C0untzer0; 9 мая. 2013 г. в 8:30
Автор сообщения: Flotilla
4 games every week = 16 games by the end of the month. Keep in mind that this isn't even accurate; it's been over a week since the last batch of games. And one of those four was a program, which you can choose to count or not at your own discretion.

The Greenlight set before this one had 18 games Greenlit, and those happened monthly or quicker. What's going on here?
80-odd games since the end of August last year. Seems like a lot less that 18 a month, not more so how is your 16 games a month slower?

Just out of interest though, do you have a link to the '4 games every week' thing?
Im waiting for dragons lairs to show, its been months since it was greenlighted... to me this greenlight business needs speeding up.
Автор сообщения: Ganger
Im waiting for dragons lairs to show, its been months since it was greenlighted... to me this greenlight business needs speeding up.
You want to ask the developers to hurry up, not Greenliht/Steam/Valve.

This is not an issue of greenlight needing to speed things up its about the developers finishing up incorporating steam functions into their work.
i think the procedure will remain the same (10 or more games greenlit every 6 weeks) and now and then valve will choose some more titles, not 4 necessarily maybe more each time
the main fault i see right now, is that some developers of greenlit games seem to dont care to communicate with us steam users that voted for them ,they dont give any info on when their game will be released and thats arrogant to me. so for sure its not valve's fault there, its lack of professionalism, but thats what indie is about i guess.
but they should consider that what they release is no skyrim or farcry or anything like that and thats what they compete with, so they should be humble at least.
so i suggest to all steam fellows before voting to check the developers ,if they care about the comments people leave and all that.
Отредактировано gusgreco7; 15 мая. 2013 г. в 2:49
It's still slower, because it's not four a week. The batch of four was already two weeks ago.
Автор сообщения: Flying Dolphinhorse
It's still slower, because it's not four a week. The batch of four was already two weeks ago.
And yet that was within the standard 10 every six weeks format, which actually means it was faster. Especially considering the batch just prior was also larger than normal.

However, the average pace they're setting is 10 every six weeks. Any more than that is a bonus. When there's less than that, then you would actually be able to factually say that they slowed down.
Автор сообщения: Ganger
Or maybe Valve should stop Greenlighting unfinished games. It's seriously taking away from the finished, high-quality games that are piling up in Greenlight. It seems a bit unfair that someone can just promise a graphics update to HL1 and get instantly greenlit, while real games that have actually been released and have actually won awards might never make it to Steam.
Автор сообщения: Mindwedge
Cherry-picking a microcomment yes but it had me thinking. If I was only getting 150 calories a day of food, 200 calories would be a bonus. It wouldn't keep me from starving though.
Yes, but getting a decent caloric intake is actually a necessity for living.
You were, in matter of potential, but the problem is that calories are essential.
Isn't it about time Valve greenlights a few more games? :|
Автор сообщения: Sam
Isn't it about time Valve greenlights a few more games? :|
Look through the greenlight news feed. Find the date of the last batch of greenlit games. Wait, you will need to ignore that batch of four games. So the last batch would be the one at 17th of april.
Add to that a month and a half (roughly 45 days). That would put the next batch at around the first of June. Still half a month left, assuming they stick to the pace they have up until now. They could possibly wait a bit longer because of that extra batch of four.

So no it does not really seem to be "about time". :(
I must be psychic, they just now announced 6 greenlit games :D
That is indeed impressive.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 23
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 9 мая. 2013 г. в 7:44