Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
yod May 1, 2013 @ 10:55am
Game pitch: "Arcade style space shooter combined with RTS style base building, played like a base defense game"
My friend and I are making just that kind of game, we are early in development so I'd like to know what do people think of this idea?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
C0untzer0 May 1, 2013 @ 11:28am 
I hate the graphics...
yod May 1, 2013 @ 11:29am 
The graphics would be updated, only the gameplay is space shooter style
Gorlom[Swe] May 1, 2013 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by yod:
Poes law just slapped you in the face C0untzer0. Are you man enough to accept the challange? Pistols at dawn! (B.Y.O.S.)
:p

@yod: I would suggest posting a project in the concept section, you will get more feedback that way I think. On the forum you will just get a few regulars posting general advice with no real interest or disinterest in your project.
And possibly the occational troll.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; May 1, 2013 @ 1:15pm
yod May 1, 2013 @ 1:37pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Originally posted by yod:
Poes law just slapped you in the face C0untzer0. Are you man enough to accept the challange? Pistols at dawn! (B.Y.O.S.)

@yod: I would suggest posting a project in the concept section, you will get more feedback that way I think. On the forum you will just get a few regulars posting general advice with no real interest or disinterest in your project.
And possibly the occational troll.

tnx, but where is the concept section?
wilco64256 May 1, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
Scroll to the top of the page you're on right now and click "Submit Your Item." There's an option in there to submit it to the concepts area.
C0untzer0 May 2, 2013 @ 2:00am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
shucks, you gotta respect play like that, I'll let him have the point just so I can see how he takes the later rounds...
Last edited by C0untzer0; May 2, 2013 @ 2:00am
Skoardy May 2, 2013 @ 6:58am 
I remember that FPS/Tower Defence game that keeps popping up on Daily Deal - Sanctum. Don't think it's got RTS elements but can't be sure as I've avoided the game like the plague (can't stand Tower Defence games).

Is that what you're aiming for?
Sgt.Psycho May 2, 2013 @ 3:33pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
I remember that FPS/Tower Defence game that keeps popping up on Daily Deal - Sanctum. Don't think it's got RTS elements but can't be sure as I've avoided the game like the plague (can't stand Tower Defence games).

Ah, the FPS/RTS meld. Pretty good when done well, otherwise messy and annoying. I've heard Sanctum is 'ok' and more fun in MP. I play Iron Grip: Warlord and Orcs Must Die! which is pretty much the same thing, but in different themes.

I suspect yod is aiming for something a little more like EVE, as in a kind of MMORTS (to mash the acronyms)) with some players zipping about in fighters, others doing logistics and at least one person in charge of base defence/building. A kind of Natural Selection in space, perhaps.
yod May 3, 2013 @ 1:20am 
Originally posted by Sgt.Psycho:
Originally posted by Skoardy:

Ah, the FPS/RTS meld. Pretty good when done well, otherwise messy and annoying. I've heard Sanctum is 'ok' and more fun in MP. I play Iron Grip: Warlord and Orcs Must Die! which is pretty much the same thing, but in different themes.

I suspect yod is aiming for something a little more like EVE, as in a kind of MMORTS (to mash the acronyms)) with some players zipping about in fighters, others doing logistics and at least one person in charge of base defence/building. A kind of Natural Selection in space, perhaps.

Nothing that complicated, more like a singleplayer experience(if successful then multiplayer is option), but it's like top-down view where you control a spacecraft and at the same time you can purchase turrets and allied crafts to help you defend the base. However unlike Tower Defense the enemies don't attack on a predefined pattern.

Here's a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/gw37A2l.png

In the middle is the player controlled craft, to the left are 2 enemy crafts and there are 2 turrets defending the base.

I think my real question would be: "Would you play a space shooter?"
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 1, 2013 @ 10:55am