Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
That's it. I'm done with Concepts.
I'm just stunned by the shear amount of people taking other people's games and putting them on Concepts. If I see Slender on here one more time, I'll throw a fit. The Concecpts sections is completely unneccesary. There are so many idiots who don't know that Concepts is for posting your own games on Steam, not being like "OMGZ I WANT 2 BEH LIEK POODIEPIE AND PLEY SLENDUR ON STEM PLZ GIV ME MONEE 4 SOMWON ELSES GAEM" I just want the section to be removed entirely. When It's on the real Greenlight, you can tell it's legit, because they have to pay $100 to get it on there. Please Valve, either remove the Concepts entirely, or strictly enforce the rules on Concepts.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
James Apr 28, 2013 @ 6:46pm 
Guess that could be a call for a "funny or not" section (but not here, I agree), trolls want a place to troll and equality... ehmpf... cough... something to help them use that energy more constructive... dreaming ... but they won't leave as long as they can get some publicity, they want to be seen... young talents gone unguided...
Last edited by James; Apr 28, 2013 @ 6:58pm
I was done with concepts the moment they were separated from the main category.
I'm still hoping they add separate "finished" and "in development" categories.
Resolute Apr 29, 2013 @ 1:07am 
Without a way of Queueing and removing them from a queue the Concept section has always been completely useless.

The concept section should be like the regular greenlight section but without the fee.

That way we might actually have a way of sorting out the 1% of diamonds from the 99% of dog droppings.
shockwavelover Apr 29, 2013 @ 4:04am 
I vote we just nuke anything with less than a four star rating.
C0untzer0 Apr 29, 2013 @ 4:18am 
You know what could deal with the fake "Concepts" and game requests?
An admission test for taking part in greenlight. It wouldn't even have to set the bar very high to get rid of the kind of idiots that are dragging the whole system down. It would probably take less time to knock up than it would to moderate the open system, and could introduce some serious penalties for fake submissions.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for democracy, it's just people I don't like...
Hard Core Rikki Apr 29, 2013 @ 5:55am 
This.

I think a separate, extra section for a 'wishlist' of games not yet on Steam would do great to show devs the level of interest to expect.

All it would really need is some standard format so studios can be contacted by Valve for discussion if viable.

Name / basic release data / screens
Contact url
Is publisher aware of demand of Steam availability
Response
James Apr 29, 2013 @ 6:01am 
And there is a "wishlist" here in the discussions, but it won't do much if the developers aren't informed. And it isn't the intention of Greenlight to wish for games. Making such a section would only feed that misinterpretation.

Are you flagging the inappropriate content? That could be a first step to help enforce the GL rules.
Skoardy Apr 29, 2013 @ 6:45am 
Originally posted by shockwavelover:
I vote we just nuke anything with less than a four star rating.
Wouldn't really solve anything. Idiots add AAA games they want on Steam and other idiots vote them up. Plus, you know, everything starts with zero stars.

Originally posted by c023-DeV:
Are you flagging the inappropriate content? That could be a first step to help enforce the GL rules.
That step isn't an issue, it's the week or so it takes Valve to get round to acting on it. If anything, it gives the impression that these idiot postings are acceptable.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 29, 2013 @ 6:55am 
Originally posted by Hard Core Rikki:
This.

I think a separate, extra section for a 'wishlist' of games not yet on Steam would do great to show devs the level of interest to expect.

All it would really need is some standard format so studios can be contacted by Valve for discussion if viable.

Name / basic release data / screens
Contact url
Is publisher aware of demand of Steam availability
Response
but... that's not how greenlight works.
Do you even understand how many times EA would be on that list? making the whole thing an excersise in futillity.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Apr 29, 2013 @ 6:57am
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 29, 2013 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Originally posted by Resolute:
The concept section should be like the regular greenlight section but without the fee.

Given that concepts is thought of as the precursor to submitting a product to Greenlight, it would do well to include the fee. If you're serious about your concept, you shouldn't have trouble paying $100 for the kind of market feedback you'll get. But who would pay the cost now that the concepts section is filled with tripe? Missed opportunity.... The fee cleaned up Greenlight and it can do the same for concepts, but first you have to:

Wipe the whole thing, and start over with a fee.
The fee can probably be quite a bit lower for the concept section. I bet even one dollar (or 5) would be enough to keep out the people that think Greenlight is a request function.
Originally posted by c023-DeV:
And there is a "wishlist" here in the discussions, but it won't do much if the developers aren't informed. And it isn't the intention of Greenlight to wish for games. Making such a section would only feed that misinterpretation.

Are you flagging the inappropriate content? That could be a first step to help enforce the GL rules.

I have flagged at least 5 items.
Sgt.Psycho Apr 29, 2013 @ 5:51pm 
Originally posted by shockwavelover:
I vote we just nuke anything with less than a four star rating.

It's a tired argument I know, but maybe it would be good if you could filter by rating. (Yes I know there is a top-rated category)
Last edited by Sgt.Psycho; Apr 29, 2013 @ 5:51pm
Flotilla Apr 30, 2013 @ 5:52am 
Concepts is useless anyways. Anyone who had any faith in their project at all would fork over the $100 to get it onto Greenlight proper.
bsp Apr 30, 2013 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by Flotilla:
Concepts is useless anyways. Anyone who had any faith in their project at all would fork over the $100 to get it onto Greenlight proper.

No. People who are just beginning to develop a game or still have a long ways to go can start to build a community through the Concepts area. It's no use to submit it to Greenlight yet as everyone wants a near-finished game.
Last edited by bsp; May 3, 2013 @ 2:17pm
Sgt.Psycho May 2, 2013 @ 3:39pm 
Originally posted by Resolute:
Without a way of Queueing and removing them from a queue the Concept section has always been completely useless.

The concept section should be like the regular greenlight section but without the fee.

That way we might actually have a way of sorting out the 1% of diamonds from the 99% of dog droppings.

Point. I just haven't been bothered as I don't have the time but after everyone was complaining, I spent a few minutes on it. You're right, it's nigh on impossible to navigate, it's just nasty. Good luck finding anything in there.

I just called out one dev as his TD game was categorised as "Animation & Modeling, Design & Illustration" but I didn't know there's no "Game" category! Wtf... No wonder it's hard to find things.

You can check this for yourself there's no Game category!

Also, slow clap for
Originally posted by Greenlight:
If you are considering posting someone elses’ product as a joke, don’t. Go suggest it in the discussions or contact the original developer ...

So Greenlight actually approves of spamming this forum. Great.
Last edited by Sgt.Psycho; May 2, 2013 @ 3:40pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 28, 2013 @ 6:07pm
Posts: 17